WTB: Larry Amplification Rock Wizard

Aside from the brand, they don't have anything in common.
The Dino 962 goes from pristine clean to more gain than anything else I've heard, but it's unique sounding. It has it's own voicing. You can play from SRV to GNR to Metallica to Meshuggah with the guitar straight in. But it'll always have that Dino voicing happening. Long story short... it does the Fender, Marshall, Mesa, Engl thing... but it sounds like a Dino.
The British Purist is a PLexi on chnl 1 and a 2203 on chnl 2. The plexi chnl is very good, and I like it clean, on the edge of break up a lot. Sounds almost like a 67 Super Bass with a JMI AC30 chime. The chnl 2 has the same control layout as a JMP 2203, but with an added depth control. Chnl 2 sounds fat. It's one of the fattest sounding amp I've heard to this day. Not a metal amp at all, but with the internal boos engaged, it can get quite high gain, but not a metal sounding amp at all. The closest thing I've heard were some Dumble modded Marshalls, that sounded even bigger, and with even more complexity and a ton more harmonics. But the BP does sound extremely fat. And like the Dumbles, still sounds clear, cuts through a dense mix and it doesn't collapse with the excessive low end.
Wow never heard of Dumble modding Marshall’s! That must be something interesting! To this day that one ‘70’s Dumble I tried 2 years ago has probably been the best sounding musical instrument I’ve heard period

Pics and vids?
Second column from left to right, the top amp is the Dino 762. The British Purist it's on top of the Dino 962, which is easy to spot.
There are a couple of videos of my amp on youtube under "Dino 962"
e0JXd0ah.jpg

Last edited:
Wow never heard of Dumble modding Marshall’s! That must be something interesting! To this day that one ‘70’s Dumble I tried 2 years ago has probably been the best sounding musical instrument I’ve heard period
A Dumble that wasn't messed with, in the hands of the right player for the particular amp, is the most magical sounding thing on earth.

A Dumble that wasn't messed with, in the hands of the right player for the particular amp, is the most magical sounding thing on earth.
Absolutely! I don’t think I was even the right player for it haha. Was just a next level sounding amp. Just needed volume. Was muffled sounding until it got sufficiently loud. As a classical guitarist I should probably say either the ‘49 Hauser, ‘55 Bouchet or ‘76 Romanillos that I’ve played were the best sounding musical instruments I’ve tried, but I feel like I still might have to rank that Dumble as the best

It's was built as a two channel Dino, but it has a lot of the Marshall DNA in it. Almost like the perfect cross between a Marshall and a Dino.
Oh great one more thing I’d want and probably won’t be able to find. Would DanTravis’s Larry also be like that one?

Yeah. I just looked up youtube videos and stumbled on a thread where you and dan travis were sharing soundcloud clips and a couple you tube videos. Those amps sound amazing. It doesn't seem legal to have wizards and larry amps. Do you feel unabashed, or do you think you are doing something wrong, lol?

Sorry but not surprised to hear how this turned out. I guess that PMM is not in the cards anymore either?
True. Yeah, I'm no longer getting a PMM. If I could find a used one sometime in the future I'd think about it. But not a new one.

That's true.

That's why I ordered the Dino and British Purist from him. But since now I have three Larry amps, I don't really need to have another one. Also, I don't regret buying them, and I believe you won't regret either. I just don't get why some builders insist in loosing their integrity for so cheap.
I agree. Btw if you sell your Dino I’d still buy it while waiting lol fr

Back