Sweetwater has been bought out.

Revenge boners are brutal.

A vengeful vagina on a vendetta is far worse my friend.

16cc272dd4a9b495dd962016e645a8a6.jpg

THE DIRTY BASTARD!!!!!!

:LOL:
Well, it's because he doesn't genuinely care. Do you think on his drive home from work he's thinking, "man I wonder how that one guy from across the country is doing...I wonder if he needs a new capo or string winder; as soon as I get home I'm gonna text him".

No of course not, it's psuedo-concern and it reeks. On the other hand, yes I still have a couple bags of candy lying around

I don't know who that lefty Brit is but can they please stop him from doing any demos.

Some YT comments make him out to be a great guitarist from the 80's but fuck me I can't hear it.

I don't like to speak negatively about folks but I really agree here. His playing is fine. Not bad not great. What's not great is his utlra-corporate-pandering style of talking about gear. "Check out the blistering ferocity of these truly monstrous 6L6 tubes as they engulf you in white hot high gain madness onslaught" and it's like... dude absolutely nobody talks like that, stop it. But more importantly it's just generic purple prose marketing speak that doesn't actually help.

It also doesn't help that most of his videos are pretty uncomfortable to watch. He's often drenched in sweat for some unknown reason, and all that Affliction / Ed Hardy stuff and piled-on jewelry he insists on decking himself out in from head to toe for every video even though he's obviously in his 60's just makes him look like the Steve Buscemi "What is up, fellow kids?" high school drug narc character.

I don’t wish bad things for the guy or anything, he seems like a chill dude overall I guess. And he does at least seem to like what he does. I’m just saying that him reading out his gear “reviews” / marketing sales pitches on camera really doesn’t put him, or those products for that matter, in the best light.

Last edited:
Some years back, my two buddy’s backlined a show that Grim Reaper headlined at Reggie‘s in Chicago. After GR finished up, I was helping load up all their gear into their vans, and unbeknownst to my friends, I mistakenly loaded up Bowcott’s DSL, thinking it was theirs. He came looking for it just before we locked up the van. Super nice and understanding guy, considering it may have appeared that I was trying to boost his amp. :LOL:

Sweetwater carries Reverend Guitars now.

Don Carr needs to go as well. Every demo he does....blows. He's playing Country licks thru the new PRS HX Hendrix amp. Thanks Don.....I really got a feel for what the amp can do now. asshole

Man this sucks. I have driven up there a few times and those guys have always been awesome. I met Mitch Gallagher that does some of the reviews. I recognized him and he stopped to chat briefly with me at Gear Fest. Sweetwater supports the local community and is a great business. It is too bad they are going to lose some of that family business feel. Keeley started doing a lot of business with them and they did a great job of getting his name out there more. We even had a "high calorie" meal together in the Sweetwater cafe'. Lol

Sweetwater carries Reverend Guitars now.

Don Carr needs to go as well. Every demo he does....blows. He's playing Country licks thru the new PRS HX Hendrix amp. Thanks Don.....I really got a feel for what the amp can do now. asshole
I've fallen prey to 1 DC amp demo.. He was reviewing an 20 watt Orange SS amp with a PRS that had some low output split coil humbuckers.. That amp cleaned up nice on the demo. I got the bitch home and the clearest most articulate tone I could get on the dirty channel was equal to fucking mud. Fuck that amp..

I just sold it.. LOL

Last edited:
Carr does a good job pretty much tho he could benefit from a haircut.
Nick is a bit awkward to watch a bit corny like Nigel Tufnel but i think he means well.
Seems SW has lived in a vacuum for 35 years.

I find Mitch Gallagher's reviews to be useful, not so much for tones, but he does a great job demonstrating features.

Back