About to record: which amps?

Wow, loads of great advice - thanks guys.

We won't be reamping. I'd like to but we don't have the time now to learn how to do it and purchase the relevant gear. I think we'll have a session this weekend trying out all the amps and blending takes - will let you all know how it goes! :D

-C

reverymike":2gdobinl said:
The album I'm doing now, I'm using a Friedman Modded Marshall and a SLO for one tone (then doubled the parts). . . then did the same parts again with a Bogner Ecstasy and Vox AC30 (and then doubled those). So, the parts a quad-ed. Sounds huge. We obviously won't use all four tracks all the time, but when the choruses come in, they'll be there.

Big Fat Rock tone - not 'metal' at all, just big fat ROCK.

Would like to here that! Do you have a link somewhere? :rock:

MKibanez":30a1nltw said:
reverymike":30a1nltw said:
The album I'm doing now, I'm using a Friedman Modded Marshall and a SLO for one tone (then doubled the parts). . . then did the same parts again with a Bogner Ecstasy and Vox AC30 (and then doubled those). So, the parts a quad-ed. Sounds huge. We obviously won't use all four tracks all the time, but when the choruses come in, they'll be there.

Big Fat Rock tone - not 'metal' at all, just big fat ROCK.

Would like to here that! Do you have a link somewhere? :rock:

Not yet - still tracking, then mixing. I'll definitely post links when it's ready.

What I would do is record the entire album and use them all -- and use a ton of tracks. If you have them why not? You then in post can try different mixes with different combinations...whether you use them all or not on every track at least you have them waxed ;) Some songs may require a different vibe or whatnot and adding or takign some of amps out may get what your looking for.

I have similar amps, 101B, VHT 50CL, Splawn QR, 2203 and DC5. I can run 4 of simultaneously and it creates a huge spectrum of tone in the room if I had 4-5 mics I'd record that way too.

Back