Actually good female guitarists?

Really? You don't like Boris? I love Wata but she isn't a shredder.
No, and at least for me, that's a really bad example too. I absolutely hate their music, and it strikes me as hipster-y and pretty pretentious.

No offense if you dig it. Just not for me at all.

I said the same thing. And female guitarist have to kinda Bow down to her since she is pretty much the top dog. But yeah she isn't anything special. I pissed her off by saying that her posters for Ibanez look like beer ads or something to that affect. It's like you are a so called role model for young girl guitarist but all your promo pics looks like a stripper
Oh my god that's hilarious :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yup, love LoveBites; got all their stuff.

Cyntia shone briefly-but-brightly:

Cyntia - Deep Love Egoism

Cyntia - Flash Strings

Been following Li-sa-X since she was 5. I know talent when I hear it.

If you can give her first solo album "Will" a listen I know you'll be impressed.

Only single she's released so far was with her "commercial" band 2 years ago. Next one's due in a few weeks:

Ha! I almost posted that but thought folks might find the solo a bit rough. :dunno:

Might as well post one of my fave BAND-MAID® clips.

The thread's about female guitarists, but the bass player's pretty-damned good and the drummer rocks too. Great band. This one has the best riddum-geetar sound of all their stuff I reckon:

Reactions: Geo
I think there are a lot of great female guitar players. Many listed in this thread. That said. Gina Gleason from baroness is the only one that comes to mind that is doing anything I really like...

Same for males. There are tons of great "players". That doesn't mean I want to listen to anything they do.

I guess with women there are a lot of good female guitarist but not many in bands that are producing stuff. Steph Goyer has some stuff I like but most of the time when I listen to music I don't listen to shred instrumentals

Will check out some of the other ladies mentioned in here.
If you can get your hands on Li-sa-X's first album at 13 years of age in 2018, "Will", I highly recommend it mate.

I'd put that up against any solo-geetar album produced by any other gal here for an easy win.

It's got a bit of everything. Rock, hard rock, metal, prog...

Reactions: Geo
Back