Any of You Guys Into Vaping?

Yeah, that's always the minimum I go for.

Going to end up with an even-better ratio if my experiment with food flavouring works out. I'll let you know how it goes, brother.

Hey Brother CCG,

Cigarettes produce hundreds of ppm. I had a video by a doctor who found 1ppm when using CBD oil (see thoughts about oil later), but the general consensus is that there's so little CO, if any, in vapour that it's a non-starter.

Small experiment:

Vitamin E acetate's the big one to avoid. IIRC most E-liquids that contain THC also use Vitamin E acetate. Oils of any description should be avoided in vape juice, as should solids. If you make your own using fruit juice you should filter said juice through, say, a coffee filter first and of course not use any oils, so no essential oils, healthy as they might be to ingest sans vaping.

Here's a good video that covers this a little. I don't know if he says this, but AFAIK nobody's ever died other than from Vitamin E acetate / THC / oil-based issues.

Vaping's been around for a while now and the fact that nobody can claim long-term effects yet speaks volumes IMHO.

You can claim low CO, but that does not take into account any of the other chemicals. I believe you are looking for an excuse to vape or continue vaping, knowing full well it's not good for you, but better than smoking cigarettes. I'm OK with that... not my body, but the fact remains that vaping is not clean air, which means it wasn't meant for your lungs (or your arteries, brain, etc.). Most of us have nasty habits and need to accept any health consequences of those habits, rather than rationalizing them. Michael Douglas possibly ate too much pussy, and got throat cancer (bacteria in the mouth does not like bacteria down below, which is why you should rinse with mouth wash and make certain she's clean prior... just sayin').

Why do some people have such strong opinions about what other people do?
Filled with chemicals that are carcenogenic
If it's not clean air, it shouldn't go into your lungs. I may have a cigar 2-3 times a year, so I'm one to speak, but it's the regular use of things that result in problems. It's like having a glass of wine at supper vs. a bottle.
Carbon monoxide is invisible, too... why not suck in some of that?

I believe you are looking for an excuse to vape or continue vaping, knowing full well it's not good for you, but better than smoking cigarettes. I'm OK with that... not my body
Exactly.

Why do some people have such strong opinions about what other people say?
Exactly
Because sometimes people need to be reminded that their opinions aren’t always needed. Esp after the 3rd and 4th time they are repeated

We get it, you think vaping is harmful.

Because sometimes people need to be reminded that their opinions aren’t always needed. Esp after the 3rd and 4th time they are repeated

We get it, you think vaping is harmful.
Some people need to mind their own fucking business, particularly having a conversation with a fellow board member. But I guess you're above me and can voice Your opinion. And even a retard knows vaping is harmful. It's not fucking AIR, but vaping fumes of various chemicals. Or do you think that's really healthy? I'm friendly with the OP and my comment toward his health and safety was of genuine concern and for him, not you.

Some people need to mind their own fucking business, particularly having a conversation with a fellow board member. But I guess you're above me and can voice Your opinion. And even a retard knows vaping is harmful. It's not fucking AIR, but vaping fumes of various chemicals. Or do you think that's really healthy? I'm friendly with the OP and my comment toward his health and safety was of genuine concern and for him, not you.
“Mind their own business” he says while preaching from his soapbox about what he believes others should and shouldn’t do. Over and over and over again…

“Mind their own business” he says while preaching from his soapbox about what he believes others should and shouldn’t do. Over and over and over again…
Hey, dumbass... did I tell him NOT to vape? Again, my message was not directed to YOU. Currently, you're on your soapbox preaching away, right dumbass?

Hey, dumbass... did I tell him NOT to vape? Again, my message was not directed to YOU. Currently, you're on your soapbox preaching away, right dumbass?
Nope, I am simply letting you know that you were incessantly repeating yourself and it was ok to STFU. Grrr lol.

That's 100% fine brother.

I used to be a competitive swimmer. 5 hours a day in basically 100%-humidified air drawn deeply into the lungs, along with constant droplets and lots of splashes.

Then there're the countless therapeutic steaming methods, that've been around for centuries, where you boil up herbs, cover the pot and your head with a towel and breathe deeply.

Then there are steam rooms.

Then there's the fact that all the air we breathe contains water, just to varying degrees - more in the tropics and of course during and following rain, so I think it's safe to say that we're designed for it, just as our skin is too - just not 24-hour 100% immersion, which'd be the equivalent of breathing water.

OK, so after a long wait 'cause the postal service is screwed due to COVID, I finally received my first big vape order.

I've been borrowing my buddy's Geek Vape Aegis Mini for 6 months so was really looking forward to owning my own mod and atomiser. Went for the Geek Vape Legend 2. This thing can crank out 200w and is built like a tank, scoring even-higher on the fancy toughness-rating system (forgotten what it's called). Waterproof (you can drop it into a metre of water for half an hour and it'll still work), dust-proof and shockproof. The Mini was a favourite with tradies and other factory and outdoor workers 'cause of its robustness and this thing takes it to a new level.

Here's the unit in the colours I opted for:

iu.png

Mine looks better 'cause I changed the screen's theme to blue-and-white. Also, I took the mouthpiece from the Aegis Mini and swapped it with this one. The Legend's Zeus Tank mouthpiece has a bigger hole in it but it sacrifices sidewall thickness in order to achieve this. Makes it trickier to avoid burning your lips, so I was stoked to find that it was interchangeable with the Cerberus tank's one on the Mini. Awesome sauce!

Went for these newfangled Hohm Life batteries at $14.90 AU each. They supposedly use a unique chemical formula that's geared towards vape units. Was always a Sony man 'cause they're renowned for their consistency but so far I'm happy. Of course, their internal resistances off-the-shelf varied from 53 to 120mΩ, but the other parameters show up pretty-evenly on the Nitcore SC4 charger I've opted for. Great charger, can highly recommend:

iu.jpeg

Going to end up with an even-better (VG/PG) ratio if my experiment with food flavouring works out. I'll let you know how it goes, brother.
Being a man of my word, here's the follow-up:

I experimented with vanilla essence from the supermarket. Just my own hair-brained idea. I distilled down the liquid to remove the alcohol and mixed it with plain 100% vegetable glycerine from the health shop.

At first it had a slightly-burned aftertaste to it and I put this down to suspended solid particles created by my overdoing the reduction on the stove 'til some of it was solid. After a day or two the VG had fully dissolved them and the liquid was clear with a rich amber colour. Beautiful to look at and not bad to vape, but by that point I'd already given up on this as a long-term solution (get it - solution? Uugghh...) 'cause the reduction process was a PITA.

So, after researching for quite a while, I've opted to buy food-grade base liquid at 70% VG / 30% PG and add off-the-shelf flavour concentrates. Started with vanilla custard and Virginia tobacco flavours 'cause I like vanilla custard for its creaminess and am a big vanilla fan, along with a hint of tobacco, the latter bringing it down-to-earth, so to speak.

Been experimenting for 5 days now with percentages. I have the following steeping - I noticed that after a few days juices tasted much better:

17% Vanilla Custard / 9.5% Virginia Tobacco
10% Vanilla Custard / 5% Virginia Tobacco
10% Vanilla Custard / 10% Virginia Tobacco

Allowing them to steep for 2->3 days before I test them properly, but initial signs are fantastic. So clean-tasting. I'm in Hog Heaven™.

As a bonus, the ol' wallet appreciates this move too. I can make 3L of juice for around $100. Yes, you read that correctly! "Normal" juice off the shelf here in Oz is around 20->22 dollars for 30ml and of course you have no way of knowing what's in it.

So, $100 for $2000->$2200 worth of juice at standard 30ml (most-popular size) prices. Mind-blowing value. I spent almost that much on a single pouch of organic tobacco here in Oz, which'd only last 2 weeks, so I'm vaping for probably a year for the price of 30g of tobacco. The government taxes on tobacco here in Oz are insane - the highest in the world. If they want that tax money they ought to drop the duties back down to something reasonable or they'll lose all that spending moolah to vaping and the tobacco black market. Classic case of shooting one's self in the foot through unadulterated greed.

Anyway, hope someone enjoys my first, and probably only-ever, review of a "vape haul" (is there such a thing? I know gals on YouTube do "bikini hauls"). :confused: :LOL:

Hi, newb here. Sorry if Im out of line posting here.
Welcome, Hazy!

Out of line? Of course not mate.

Started with 18mg til I quit tobacco and then worked down in 3mg increments over a year until I got to 6mg and just sat on that for a while.
Eventually got down to 3mg and to the stage where I quite often forgot to vape for long periods. Some times I would just vape a VG and DW while I was having a beer.
Have you tried Nic salts?

It took you a year to work your way down from 18mg to 6 and then more time to get from there to 3. I believe Nic salts would've taken you from 18 to 3 (or even less) in one fell swoop.

For those who don't know:
The usual nicotine additives you buy are refined / isolated / purified so that the active ingredient is pure nicotine. We should all know that as a general rule of thumb, the more you refine and isolate a natural product down to a particular component, the more-addictive and "poisonous" / disruptive it becomes.

Nic salts are made by soaking the plant leaves and allowing all the complimentary buffers, alkaloids and whatnot to leach out in-ratio. The nicotine isn't then isolated, so you get the naturally-buffered experience, which as you might expect, is far-more satisfying, greatly increasing intervals between tokes.

Cost wise, vaping unflavoured is so cheap. $10 for liter of vg, $2 for 2L of Distilled water and $39 for 5yrs worth of nic. It costs about 20c a week vs the $80 it cost me to smoke 5yrs ago and the $110 it would cost me now.
Curious about that nic price. Nic salts are cheaper compared to "normal" nic, but your $39 for 5 years seems incredible. Link?

Thanks man.

I was late to the party and therefore wasn't able to take advantage before the law changed. I've only been able to get 50mg flavoured salts that I dilute 1:17 for a 3mb result. The 10ml bottles cost around 12 bucks each.

Still, it's a Helluva-lot cheaper than the 24mb clear Nic juice I was getting previously for $20 for 30ml. Much-smoother too and of course more-satisfying.

Back