Tonight’s gig

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marshallman
  • Start date Start date
If you haven't tried it yet, the Timmons method of a cheap expression pedal into the Halo has been kind of a game changer for me with that pedal. I only really use the Halo preset, but now its always on and I can bleed in as much or little of it as I want, no more worrying about mix levels and its off when the expression pedal is rockered up.
I only use it as a simple slapback and a simple lead delay. I’m boring!
 
I've heard that those early Classics with the green inlays are thinner than the 60's profile.
Interesting. I have one of the green inlay Classics from 2003. I've never compared it to my 60s profile Standard but I dig it and is comfortable.
 
Interesting. I have one of the green inlay Classics from 2003. I've never compared it to my 60s profile Standard but I dig it and is comfortable.
I've heard that the earliest Classics before the green inlays are probably the thinnest necks ever available on a Les Paul.
 
Winery/Brewery place last night.
IMG_0353.jpeg
 
I only use it as a simple slapback and a simple lead delay. I’m boring!
Me too ! but whats nice about adding that expression pedal is that you can control the mix of the effect, the regular preset is way too saturated, I never setup any user preset and always had to fuck with the mix every time I turned it on, now its on and I dont fumble foot the other button too
 
I've heard that the earliest Classics before the green inlays are probably the thinnest necks ever available on a Les Paul.

AFAIK they get thinner and thinner the further back in time you go - even the newer ones have a very slim neck (by gibson standards of what constitutes a thin neck, anyway)

They say it's a "60s" neck but it's much, much slimmer than the historic 60s necks ive played
 
Happy to see all is not lost with my fellow tube amp giggers :)
It's nice to see others that are gigging. I think there are a few more here they just haven't been logged in for a few days. I know @Fusionbear still plays out frequently as does @cobrahead1030 if I ain't mistaken. It would be cool to see the pics keep coming. :cheers:
 
I gotta get better at taking rig pics… I’m usually rushing around trying to get ready and always forget something.

Here are a few from the last 6 months…. I’m the guy using the real amp lol….
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9895.jpeg
    IMG_9895.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9861.jpeg
    IMG_9861.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9655.jpeg
    IMG_9655.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 50
  • att.nw-f9kizr-Arhfh89FMxUSp6iXVaMwLYLzfX83vyTa0.jpeg
    att.nw-f9kizr-Arhfh89FMxUSp6iXVaMwLYLzfX83vyTa0.jpeg
    332.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9249.jpeg
    IMG_9249.jpeg
    417.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9108.jpeg
    IMG_9108.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 126
From a wedding gig a few months back, had to handle bass duties on a few songs. Killer musicians though, good night. I’m gonna try to find another active band to start getting out more.

I used the 1x12 rectoverb mini stack for the songs I played guitar on, and it was perfect.
IMG_0912.jpeg
 
Instant crush on the black semi-hollow. 335? Midtown? All the badness, whatever it is.

The CU24 and flamed Gibby DC are both awesome as well.
Nice stuff man.

I was wondering the same thing, either way it's badass.

I always loved the VH4 for a cover band rig - it's one of the only channel switchers out there that can cover all that ground with enough switching options to make it usable for that type of gig
 
I gots to get me an LP Classic with a thin shreddy neck. I've grown tired of the baseball bat neck on my Les Paul.
Highly recommend early 2000s Classics. My 02 has seen so many killer guitars come n go.
01-04, good stuff for sure. Great wood and build quality, heavy af, ABR bridge, ugly snot green inlays, and 496r/500t pups (I hate).
Funny how the cheapest model back then ended up being one of the most desirable over time.
The 60s slim taper neck is as you say. A joy to play. Mine, even moreso after a jumbo ss fret job. It was great before, splendid now.
A great variety of tone with pickup & electronics upgrade.
Another suggestion, 07 Silverburst LP GC Guitar of the Week. Same neck, lighter, BB Pros, plays and sounds as good. Probably should've kept that one. @DanTravis62 might say the same.
 
Highly recommend early 2000s Classics. My 02 has seen so many killer guitars come n go.
01-04, good stuff for sure. Great wood and build quality, heavy af, ABR bridge, ugly snot green inlays, and 496r/500t pups (I hate).
Funny how the cheapest model back then ended up being one of the most desirable over time.
The 60s slim taper neck is as you say. A joy to play. Mine, even moreso after a jumbo ss fret job. It was great before, splendid now.
A great variety of tone with pickup & electronics upgrade.
Another suggestion, 07 Silverburst LP GC Guitar of the Week. Same neck, lighter, BB Pros, plays and sounds as good. Probably should've kept that one. @DanTravis62 might say the same.
My LP studio plus from that era absolutely kills!
 
My LP studio plus from that era absolutely kills!
Dude. I passed on one of the best sounding LPs ever. A white Studio from that period, for like $700, because it was a studio. It was so open, resonant, sustain forever.
One of those that haunts you.
Hope yours is as good, and you enjoy it in good health for many years.
 
Highly recommend early 2000s Classics. My 02 has seen so many killer guitars come n go.
01-04, good stuff for sure. Great wood and build quality, heavy af, ABR bridge, ugly snot green inlays, and 496r/500t pups (I hate).
Funny how the cheapest model back then ended up being one of the most desirable over time.
The 60s slim taper neck is as you say. A joy to play. Mine, even moreso after a jumbo ss fret job. It was great before, splendid now.
A great variety of tone with pickup & electronics upgrade.
Another suggestion, 07 Silverburst LP GC Guitar of the Week. Same neck, lighter, BB Pros, plays and sounds as good. Probably should've kept that one. @DanTravis62 might say the same.

Those guitar of the week silverbursts are out of this world good for the price point. It makes me physically ill I had to sell that
 
Back
Top