Tonight’s gig

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marshallman
  • Start date Start date
Dude. I passed on one of the best sounding LPs ever. A white Studio from that period, for like $700, because it was a studio. It was so open, resonant, sustain forever.
One of those that haunts you.
Hope yours is as good, and you enjoy it in good health for many years.
I had never owned a Gibson or any LP variant throughout all my playing years until this one landed in my hands. Something always just felt off about them - and I played dozens. This one was right on the money as soon as it dropped in my hands. Also, I never would have bought one with a neck repair tbh but I played this before realizing that and fell in love. The price was crazy good too, even for one with a repair due to the owner givin me a great deal on it. I love this thing - never letting it go.
 
I had never owned a Gibson or any LP variant throughout all my playing years until this one landed in my hands. Something always just felt off about them - and I played dozens. This one was right on the money as soon as it dropped in my hands. Also, I never would have bought one with a neck repair tbh but I played this before realizing that and fell in love. The price was crazy good too, even for one with a repair due to the owner givin me a great deal on it. I love this thing - never letting it go.
Gibsons are hit or miss.
A good Gibson is a lifelong friend.
 
My next gig is a solo gig for an all-female running group my wife is in. They asked if I would strip too! My wife nixed that real fast....lol...

Plus I'm old, no one wants to see prunes...lol...

Playing for an hour during dinner. DJ comes on after me...
 
Gibsons are hit or miss.
A good Gibson is a lifelong friend.

Yep. With the amount of regret I have for selling a couple of great gibsons (and one getting stolen) I can't imagine getting rid of my purple classic. It will have to be pried out of my cold dead hands. Trying to find another great one is such a pain and I just don't want to go through it again.
 
Tonight’s stage at PDX Summer Cruisin Hot Rod show at PIR. Fun event, bunch of cool cars, drag racing going off in background
IMG_2888.jpeg
IMG_2885.jpeg
IMG_2887.jpeg
 
Back
Top