Anybody have trouble when dealing with MarkL??

GtarLover

I sent my PayPal payment to Mark L Custom for a dual line mixer, BACK IN JUNE!!!
Waited a while...Thought, maybe it's back ordered.
Thing is I ordered directly from the web site. When I sent the $$, I promptly got an email reminding me I needed to send along the shipping as well, so I did that in June also.
Anyway, followed up in August since I hadn't received anything and got a reply from Mark, "I'll look into it."

Now after another follow up and NO REPLY, it is frickin November and I still don't have a Dual Line Mixer, nor do I have a refund. I had heard great things, and it looks like the web site is up and functional. No reason to believe there are problems at the company. Yet, this is a little ridiculous for wait time.

Anyone have problems with Mark?? I'm not sure what the next step would be, as the company is not in the US.

Advice???

Bomb them with email for a week, mention a non-response will indicate that it is not started, and that if you don't have a satisfactory answer in 10 calendar days, you will initiate a refund via Paypal. That should either wake them up or show what's really happening.

Probably not shenanigans...just lazy. Seems to run rampant these days.

Better hurry up before you Paypal window is up?

Not sure if there is no timeline since you have not received the item but I think they give 6 months for a claim on an item received.

Either way, Refund that. I personally have gotten tired of the waiting game, pre order game and delays and bullshit.

There are probably other companies out there who make dual line mixers (maybe not idk) who will deliver.

Thanks guys...just wanted to give every benefit of the doubt before I initiated a refund, yet that seems like the smart thing to do and then see what can be done after that.

Anyone have direct experience with Mark??

I bought the DSLM from him last year in August. He said about 2 weeks, but that stretched to a little more than a month. He was communicative during that time. Psychodave bought one about the same time. He said he shipped it in early October, but the tracking never updated. I ended up getting it in December as it apparently took that amount of time to actually get out of Poland. All the shipping documentation had the date he said he initially shipped it. He was generally responsive when I questioned him about the delays and he had determined that it was stuck in Polish customs. I'm satisfied that he was honest in my dealings with him. Psychodave's shipped at the same time as mine and he got his a few days before me.

The DSLM is great. I ended up getting a second one from Steve Henning when he sold his. I wouldn't order another one from Poland as I can't deal with the 2 months shipping process.

Fuck that. Start Paypal dispute ASAP. I would have after no response to "I'll look into", and no response after that.

Fuck these dickwads. Quit screwing around. If anything, Paypal will wake his ass up!

I don’t care how busy you are or how small you are. If you are not ready to conduct your business in a professional matter, you shouldn’t be in business.

napalmdeath":3evnmnfh said:
Fuck that. Start Paypal dispute ASAP. I would have after no response to "I'll look into", and no response after that.

Fuck these dickwads. Quit screwing around. If anything, Paypal will wake his ass up!

Yep,

Last time I dealt with this BS the person ended up hiring some help immediately after. I can't say for sure that MY refund was the cause of that. I am sure I was not the only person refunding after waiting way past the time frame but yeah, like I said previously...There are probably dozens of other companies out there who will deliver a similar product with no hassle.

Don't give the other guys your money. Get the refund and let them learn.

IMO they will either leave the business because they cannot handle it or learn how to conduct business with proper service. There are also companies out there who have to take a very long time due to their procedures or not being able to hire help. Those people have everything mapped out and don't screw people around. They tell you the deal up front and deliver when expected after you are already aware of their operations.

A little late is one thing, apparently it has become expected especially in a guitar building process but a lot of those guys are communicative and provide updates and let you know what is going on.

Sometimes a simple reply to a fucking email goes a long way. Nothing worse than being professional and courteous until you get the money and then turning the tables. That tells me everything I need to know about a businessman.

Update:

I did go through PayPal to attempt to contact Mark again.
Received an email response right away.
He assured me that the unit was sent and that it’s unclear why I never received it.
And, he will be sending another unit along. Also a bonus “for the trouble.”

I can appreciate this attempt to resolve the situation, just wish it could have happen back I August when I first made contact about the missing package.

I will keep you all updated on when I actually receive my Dual Line Mixer
Here’s to hoping for a quick resolve :rock:

GtarLover":2a1wpcif said:
Update:

He assured me that the unit was sent and that it’s unclear why I never received it.

I can appreciate this attempt to resolve the situation, just wish it could have happen back I August when I first made contact about the missing package.

I'd say he just lied through his teeth, and you are one of the most gullible people on earth.
People that ignore you for months and only respond to communications once you involve Paypay "right away", are full of shit. Anybody who says "I'll send another, I don't know what happened", are full of shit. They'd have tracking for the original and would be looking for it.

I'd tell him to fuck himself and demand my refund. He's lying through his teeth - now he's just bought himself more time to fuck you again. If I didn't have a TRACKING NUMBER BY DAY'S END, I'D DEMAND MY REFUND. HE'S PLAYING YOU LIKE A SONY PLAYSTATION.

napalmdeath":3i0mscy0 said:
GtarLover":3i0mscy0 said:
Update:

I'd say he just lied through his teeth, and you are one of the most gullible people on earth.
People that ignore you for months and only respond to communications once you involve Paypay "right away", are full of shit. Anybody who says "I'll send another, I don't know what happened", are full of shit. They'd have tracking for the original and would be looking for it.

I'd tell him to fuck himself and demand my refund. He's lying through his teeth - now he's just bought himself more time to fuck you again. If I didn't have a TRACKING NUMBER BY DAY'S, I'D DEMAND MY REFUND. HE'S PLAYING YOU LIKE A SONY PLAYSTATION.

That my be true. But with my experience, something with getting stuff through Polish customs caused an unusually long delay. Albeit, this case is significantly worse than mine and it could have been lost if it truly was shipped.

OP....did you ever get a tracking number? What is going on with that? If not, then I'd be more inclined to believe what napalmdeath said. If you did, then it may not be MarkL that's the problem - just going on my experience.

mhenson42":2mges5nx said:
napalmdeath":2mges5nx said:
GtarLover":2mges5nx said:
Update:

I'd tell him to fuck himself and demand my refund. He's lying through his teeth - now he's just bought himself more time to fuck you again. If I didn't have a TRACKING NUMBER BY DAY'S, I'D DEMAND MY REFUND. HE'S PLAYING YOU LIKE A SONY PLAYSTATION.

That my be true. But with my experience, something with getting stuff through Polish customs caused an unusually long delay. Albeit, this case is significantly worse than mine and it could have been lost if it truly was shipped.

OP....did you ever get a tracking number? What is going on with that? If not, then I'd be more inclined to believe what napalmdeath said. If you did, then it may not be MarkL that's the problem - just going on my experience.

There's no mystery here - the guy ignored all the OP's emails, but a Paypal dispute gets a response "right away". IF, he sent one as he claims, his response to the Paypal dispute would be "I SHIPPED IT ON XXX DATE, HERE'S THE TRACKING".... OP - GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

psychodave":2ab3o0zj said:
I have a friend who ordered one and he was told that it shipped and got lost too. Mark L is sending another with a gift. Hmmmm

Is there NO tracking numbers for this stuff, or are you supposed to just take their word?

napalmdeath":vnjzm0z6 said:
psychodave":vnjzm0z6 said:
I have a friend who ordered one and he was told that it shipped and got lost too. Mark L is sending another with a gift. Hmmmm

Is there NO tracking numbers for this stuff, or are you supposed to just take their word?

That's what I'm saying. I got a tracking number with mine. If OP didn't get one, I doubt anything was shipped. And now there's another similar case with Dave's friend, it may likely be the case.

I saw this thread yesterday and reached out to my friend. This is his exact response:

Dude, somethings going on, he promised me a pedal with my order....
Sent a tracking number that doesn’t work...

psychodave":1wlm54bk said:
I saw this thread yesterday and reached out to my friend. This is his exact response:

It's a weird tracking number - I remember having to find the correct site to track it - EMS Poland maybe. I can't remember. But it did show up, just never left Poland until 2 months later.

psychodave":1kwg0x6u said:

I had a friend order one of these from him, haven't heard from him in quite awhile to find out if he ever got it.

novelty-used-polish-target-pistol_1_d827cf229a37be5135dd0fda6abdf42a.jpg

Back