Coronavirus and gear sales....

RedPlated":4fqxlnhx said:
Anyone noticed gear sales seemed to have hit a wall lately? Things seemed to be moving really well for a while and then all done. Seems natural to me though, since the stock market took a HUGE hit. I'm wondering how bad it will get...

the market will go back up. it always does, might take a while, but it will go back. good time to buy some stocks.

Inearthed":1hsu64k4 said:
Sure some people are buying some items for the sake of actually needing it but there a bunch of people buying it in huge quantities to resell and make money. People are selling TP by the roll on Craigslist, FB marketplace, etc. Also saw some family selling inditch for a ividual rolls in the parking lot of Target / Fred Meyer :thumbsdown:

OH MAN!!! a couple guys bought ALL the HAND SANITIZER at Safeway a couple days ago when they restocked, and these two went outside, and sold it for MASSIVE profits! people were saying, "shame on you!," and they laughed and kept selling!! it was crazy to watch for a minute! some people didn't have enough to buy even one, and they would say, "watcha got?," and take a little less than asking price and thought they were doing a good deed!

mooncobra":2pkip6dz said:
Inearthed":2pkip6dz said:
Sure some people are buying some items for the sake of actually needing it but there a bunch of people buying it in huge quantities to resell and make money. People are selling TP by the roll on Craigslist, FB marketplace, etc. Also saw some family selling inditch for a ividual rolls in the parking lot of Target / Fred Meyer :thumbsdown:

OH MAN!!! a couple guys bought ALL the HAND SANITIZER at Safeway a couple days ago when they restocked, and these two went outside, and sold it for MASSIVE profits! people were saying, "shame on you!," and they laughed and kept selling!! it was crazy to watch for a minute! some people didn't have enough to buy even one, and they would say, "watcha got?," and take a little less than asking price and thought they were doing a good deed!

Sounds about right. A friend of mine is claiming their cousin spent ~$5k at Costco, kept enough for himself and sold the rest to people locally for a total of $75k.

Inearthed":1qmti6jo said:
mooncobra":1qmti6jo said:
Inearthed":1qmti6jo said:

Sounds about right. A friend of mine is claiming their cousin spent ~$5k at Costco, kept enough for himself and sold the rest to people locally for a total of $75k.

WOW.

Inearthed":266epss8 said:
mooncobra":266epss8 said:
Inearthed":266epss8 said:

This is the unregulated free market at work, folks.

Do they intend to eat the toilet paper to help their lungs? This might bring new meaning to my pot has a dirty wiper.

People who buy TP on the secondary market for insane prices should be encouraged! We need stupid people to feel the pain as quickly as possible.

This whole thing is affecting all walks of life. I was on a sales forecast call earlier this week and it was called out that a CFO for a large company has frozen all large purchases until Jun/Jul time frame.

Rick Lee":1603ws6w said:
I wish there were a panic buy on condoms to stop the spread of stupidity. We're doomed.

funny you say that... i stood in line for a while on tuesday at the grocery store with a box of trojans in my hand, and that was it. everyone else had like 2 carts full of shit, and no one would let the guy with one item go ahead :LOL: :LOL:

i got plans for stayin in, and it don't involve worrying, baby :rock: ....or worrying about a baby ;)

RedPlated":ahlu8iwc said:
Anyone noticed gear sales seemed to have hit a wall lately? Things seemed to be moving really well for a while and then all done. Seems natural to me though, since the stock market took a HUGE hit. I'm wondering how bad it will get...

Partly because of the Season... It's tax season and summer is around the corner, plus market saturation, limited scene nowadays (not like the 60's-80's).

mooncobra":1j7svqv3 said:
Inearthed":1j7svqv3 said:

They could have put that 5k in Johnson and Johnson stock and made way more if they knew what they were doing.

tstern66":1mmfq5nm said:
I was going to ask if anyone was selling gear to buy toilet paper?

I will do this before selling gear.

giphy.gif

I just bought another Boogie, this time a Quad pre-amp to fuck with while staying home more than usual. (Bucket list item)

I noticed that if you have an exceptional rare and in high demand piece of gear it is literally recession proof. Like the fully loaded IIC+ coliseum long head that recently just sold for 10k+. I just sold my 96 Diezel VH4 for a nice price as well.

Here in Tampa everything is a lowball and/or a trade offer. While half of the trade offers are pathetic I have made out great on more than a few. I list FT on all of my CL stuff and just ignore the idiots. I traded a faded Gibson V w/o case for a USA Charvel PROMOD with a really nice case. I had $300 into the V a decade ago. But if you want to sell and don't want to ship, Craigslist is the only solid way to move things. For a free classified that gets a lot of exposure, I can tolerate the dumbass lowballers. I just don't respond.

Monomyth":2dxf1yof said:
I work in the private medical sector for a company who produces devices used for various respiratory illness, I thought about doing a psa here but for now can surely say I can’t take any amps in, guys who’ve been waiting are going to be really bummed out and I’m sorry about.
You have no idea how bummed... :doh:

Inearthed":23w9ny6u said:
mooncobra":23w9ny6u said:
Inearthed":23w9ny6u said:

Yep they just got busted :LOL: :LOL: or two other guys? hand santizer gouging :no:

Back