!!!!!CRAZY DEAL ALERTS!!!!!

Mesa Mark III red stripe long chassis head with Fender 412 in the bay area listed for $1750. Long head vs short head is always better. Oh wait we're talking about amps.,,
Either DRG or HRG. The EL34's suggest the "fully loaded" DRG despite the seller's 50/100W description.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/msg/d/campbell-mesa-boogie-mark-iii-red/7566509110.html
@dr teeth cool amp. It has been for sale out here before ~3 months ago asking ~$1.3k. This price is somewhat reasonable.

However, Mark 2C's have been selling for sub $3k as of late (below). The used industry is about to see prices continue to decline.

Take it for what it is worth, but next year deals will be popping up as the economy/layoffs become more prevelant. Used Mark IIC for $2k

Last edited:
I thought that red stripe looked familiar.

I missed on 2 60W'er IIC+'s this year for $1500, but one the seller didn't know what they were selling. That particular one went to a Chicago hoarder who obviously decided to dump it and the last I saw the price drops took it close to 3K but he had just bought it for $1500 and for some reason that particular amp must have given him a rash he couldn't shake. The other was a local cl in LA and the person knew he was unloading it for an afternoon sale. He was willing to drop it off at UPS for them to pack and I snoozed.

I'd like to agree with you on prices next year and hope you are right. I look at all my moog stuff which is usually hot stuff on resale and it's been screaming recession for months- great time to add pedals "cheaper" if you don't have them and you are a sniper.

But auctions aren't usually kind to gear and a purple stripe just auctioned at 2k. I didn't think we were in that kind of environment. And I am purple-less atm sadly since I think it's my favorite III and thought it was the least fav III to everyone else.

So if a hoarder (I am not dissing hoarding) runs into trouble and has to unload 10 IIC+'s at once you are right on the money. Otherwise I have to believe the arbitrage game is in full force since many of the 8-10k plus sales are amps that were scored for sub-2k in the last few years. One particular person on here has the midas touch of finding those steals.

Sales this year in a nutshell have been weird and wild. And in the last few years it seems non-player investor money has been scouring the market for vintage guitars and gear. The gibson buy seemed to be the same time III's took off like a rocket. It wasn't natural. And I'm willing to bet that a DRG IIC+ under 5k would be jumped on by at least 15 RT members instantly. And it's been less than 5 years I way overpaid to grab a KRG plus for 4k. Those days are forever gone.

I thought that red stripe looked familiar.

I missed on 2 60W'er IIC+'s this year for $1500, but one the seller didn't know what they were selling. That particular one went to a Chicago hoarder who obviously decided to dump it and the last I saw the price drops took it close to 3K but he had just bought it for $1500 and for some reason that particular amp must have given him a rash he couldn't shake. The other was a local cl in LA and the person knew he was unloading it for an afternoon sale. He was willing to drop it off at UPS for them to pack and I snoozed.

I'd like to agree with you on prices next year and hope you are right. I look at all my moog stuff which is usually hot stuff on resale and it's been screaming recession for months- great time to add pedals "cheaper" if you don't have them and you are a sniper.

But auctions aren't usually kind to gear and a purple stripe just auctioned at 2k. I didn't think we were in that kind of environment. And I am purple-less atm sadly since I think it's my favorite III and thought it was the least fav III to everyone else.

So if a hoarder (I am not dissing hoarding) runs into trouble and has to unload 10 IIC+'s at once you are right on the money. Otherwise I have to believe the arbitrage game is in full force since many of the 8-10k plus sales are amps that were scored for sub-2k in the last few years. One particular person on here has the midas touch of finding those steals.

Sales this year in a nutshell have been weird and wild. And in the last few years it seems non-player investor money has been scouring the market for vintage guitars and gear. The gibson buy seemed to be the same time III's took off like a rocket. It wasn't natural. And I'm willing to bet that a DRG IIC+ under 5k would be jumped on by at least 15 RT members instantly. And it's been less than 5 years I way overpaid to grab a KRG plus for 4k. Those days are forever gone.
@dr teeth we can thank the Mark III’s popularity to its greatness, to social media exposing how underrated they were and the inflated Mark IIC+ prices.

The III’s are definitely great amps, which is why I bought 3 of them 🤣 (2 DRG No Stripes w/ 105pt’s & a 3+ HRG Red Stripe).

As for the Purple Stripes, I’ve heard they’re great amps, but have yet to play one. Keep your eyes peeled because they come up for ~$1k-$1.5k.

https://saginaw.craigslist.org/msg/d/rhodes-peavey-vtm-120-tube-half-stack/7561956979.html
Peavey VTM-120 with a Lee Jackon 4x12 cabinet. All for $300. Amp isn't making sound but could be an easy/quick fix. I am not the seller but this looks like 2008 pricing here in 2022... may not see this type of deal come around again. The amp looks like good condition cosmetically)

WOW!!! Someone needs to grab this IMMEDIATELY before they come to their senses!! LOL

Not sure if it's a "crazy deal", but for anyone in the SE Missouri, NW Arkansas, NE Oklahoma or SE Kansas area this guy has a JCM900 head and matching cab for sale at $1200 and ready to deal so you might be able to get it for less. He's in Bella Vista, Arkansas which is well within driving distance of any of those points.

I've done some trading with him, he's a cool guy and I believe he told me he bough this setup new.

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/552032119832351?media_id=0&ref=share_attachment

$1199

https://www.musicgoround.com/product/41127-S000044657/used-esp-m-ii-deluxe-electric-guitars-black
ESP M-II.jpeg

Back