Deal of the day: 1960BV cabinet from Sweetwater: 625 bucks

All Marshall gear has reached batshit insane levels. $2100 for a 50 watt JVM? I bought my first one for $1199 brand new. Yeah, 10 years ago, but now, they're simply NOT worth it. $3300 for a JCM800? No thanks.

Nice score!

I got a "new" 1960AV earlier this year (built in '20) thankfully at a discount (not that good though), and it's legitimately my favorite cab. I have various other cabs with late '80s or early '90s versions of the various V30s or G12Ms, but I always come back to this '20 1960AV as my favorite with any of the amps I have here.

I've had two people shoot me $600 offers for my excellent '03 Mesa OS. Not a penny under $700, and the minty cover is extra.

I'll likely just keep it because it is the perfect cab for me.

Also, even Don is nonchalantly smug.

Last edited by a moderator:
5r2q9y.jpg

How can they justify this when you can get a Mesa, Orange, Fryette, Friedman etc. etc. ad infinitum for $550 less AND they are superior?

Wow. looked up some 4x12's last night and can't believe how much they've gone up. Even Friedman's are $1399 now.

Marshall probably should think about subcontracting to a US builder for this market. Shipping from England has to be a killer.

But I prefer the Marshall cabs to the Bogner and Mesa ones I've had, so the price just is what you've got to pay (or go used of course).

Marshall probably should think about subcontracting to a US builder for this market. Shipping from England has to be a killer.

But I prefer the Marshall cabs to the Bogner and Mesa ones I've had, so the price just is what you've got to pay (or go used of course).

I’m a Marshall fan myself, the BV is my favorite cabinet period. It’s deeper, has more low end, has more extended highs, and a gnarly midrange grind. I love my Mesa cabs and my engl cab big time, but for the deep low and big highs, the Marshall wins everytime.

I like slant tops.

But what the fuck. There is NOTHING special about a Marshall 4x12 box.

Lifestyle bullshit.

I like slant tops.

But what the fuck. There is NOTHING special about a Marshall 4x12 box.

Lifestyle bullshit.
I agree. I love them don’t get me wrong, but at the end of the day, 1750 for a cabinet with some speakers is incredibly ridiculous.

I thought 4/12`s were hard to sale :p
My '03 Mesa OS was minty but broken in and came with a new slip cover for $400. Store had it sit for over a year and no one bought it. When I did and asked "WTF dude?" the owner replied that no one wants 4x12's anymore. In this town, if you play with anything more than one single driven 12" speaker you are kind of shunned by soundmen.

I blame endemic low testosterone, squarely.

Back