Deal of the day: 1960BV cabinet from Sweetwater: 625 bucks

I like slant tops.

But what the fuck. There is NOTHING special about a Marshall 4x12 box.

Lifestyle bullshit.

...and you get the shit-tier Stereo-Mono switch, anemic stock wire with spade connectors too. Any man of wealth and taste will rip it out first thing and solder up some good wire and jack.

...and you get the shit-tier Stereo-Mono switch, anemic stock wire with spade connectors too. Any man of wealth and taste will rip it out first thing and solder up some good wire and jack.
Agreed!!!!

My shit-tier-Stereo-Mono board broke. I waited a YEAR for a replacement, and when I finally got it....the PCB was upside down.

Now when I plug into my Marshall 1960AV, I have to remember that stereo, is mono.

And 4 ohms, is 16.

Fuck Marshall. (Korg actually)

I think there’s a lot of middlemen getting rich off the “supply chain issues”.
In Canada a new 2203X is $3999!!! Better to wait until things settle down because no one is going to buy Marshall at these prices right now.

Marshall not pass the muster

Inflation affects the price of all goods and products, even musical instruments and gear. I know it’s shocking, but it’s true.

Inflation affects the price of all goods and products, even musical instruments and gear. I know it’s shocking, but it’s true.

Thanks for the economics lesson, pretty sure most everyone here is well aware of that, doesn’t mean we can’t bitch about it though.

Nice score! And those new prices are insane. Over the past year I have picked up three mint 4X12's all for less than the price of one new Marshall 4X12.

Friedman SS
Marshall 1960BX
EVH 5150III Stealth

Thanks for the economics lesson, pretty sure most everyone here is well aware of that, doesn’t mean we can’t bitch about it though.
Bitching about it, sure, I get that. I think it sucks too, especially since it’s 100% avoidable. Just throwing it out there for those who are surprised by it, which there are a few of those in this thread.

I wanna also go on record here and predict the future by saying that I expect all of these prices to increase even more once congress passes that massive spending budget and pumps even more money into the stagnant economy. Sorry though, I do apologize for talking a tad bit about economics while a discussion about the outrageous prices of used and new guitar gear is underway.

As a 1960A owner, I think Marshall cabs sound nice. If you look inside them, though, they look like shit. Not better than your average cheapie Asian-built cab.

At least they're using plywood backs again.

Sheesh. Sure am glad I have my Marshall cab needs covered with my 72, 74, 79 and 1983 cabs. Oh, I did find Minty Mesa Traditional slant with hang tags for 699 not too long ago.
Good time to be a seller, bad time to be a buyer.

Sheesh. Sure am glad I have my Marshall cab needs covered with my 72, 74, 79 and 1983 cabs. Oh, I did find Minty Mesa Traditional slant with hang tags for 699 not too long ago.
Good time to be a seller, bad time to be a buyer.

This will be my 3rd Marshall cab and I definitely don’t need a 3rd, or 6 cabs overall haha! Thinkin about offing my 79 slant with new greenbacks, but it’s just so cool and nostalgic, even though it doesn’t get used much.

This will be my 3rd Marshall cab and I definitely don’t need a 3rd, or 6 cabs overall haha! Thinkin about offing my 79 slant with new greenbacks, but it’s just so cool and nostalgic, even though it doesn’t get used much.
I’d keep the 79. These older Marshall cabs sound great and are very consistent ime.
The newer ones seem to be more hit/miss.

I know it`s inflation but Marshall stuff went up along time ago because of the exchange rate$

I’d keep the 79. These older Marshall cabs sound great and are very consistent ime.
The newer ones seem to be more hit/miss.
I just bought some 93 Marshall vintage speakers, I may throw them in it, we will see. I’m usually not into slants for recording but the midrange IS different I’m learning because of how much the baffle moves in a straight vs slant. Can be very different in a mix. It’s my only slant cab so we will see

I just bought some 93 Marshall vintage speakers, I may throw them in it, we will see. I’m usually not into slants for recording but the midrange IS different I’m learning because of how much the baffle moves in a straight vs slant. Can be very different in a mix. It’s my only slant cab so we will see
I usually only play slants since I need to hear myself best playing out. I owned many B cabs (still have one, the 83) but playing out I’d always end up setting the amp on a chair and tilt the B cab upwards lol…too much hassle so slants for me

Back