Dual Mic'ing a Single Cab

shawnb

I just saw an article in my email talking about how to dual mic a single cab. I tried this in Wall of Sound since I didn't want to turn my Studio on. But I cannot seem to find how to get a Mic A and B in this interface. The only thing I can do is stack multiple cabs. But the article talks about dual mics and a single cab. Is there a way to do this in WoS? (I have latest version, Mac).

Yes, I'm using DynIRs . The best I can do in WoS is have a Cab 1, and Cab 2. I couldn't find an interface showing "Mic A", "Mic B". But I did a Google search and can see some of the Two-Notes devices actually have that in the Remote interface along with two mics. graphically placed on the single cab, and the WoS very specifically doesn't.

That being the case, is Mic A/B just a shortcut for multiple cabs?

In WoS you do it by choosing the same cab twice, correct. In Torpedo Remote you can only use one cab at a time, but you can give it two mics. There's a tutorial I like (a bit old now).

Hello @shawnb

In Wall of Sound, it is not possible to put 2 mics in front of one cab. The trick is to put the cabinet twice in one layer of Wall of Sound. It will give the same results as having 2 mics in front of the cab like in Torpedo Remote.

Back