Duncan Custom?

I don't get all the TNT talk here :confused:
I NEVER asked about TNT the band, i asked about a pickup that got a tone.
and if you don't like ronni le tekro as a guitarist i really do not give a fuck.
(I don't see anyone asking about your tone or playing here on RT?)

Oblivion DC":3v2do7zq said:
sapphireskiss":3v2do7zq said:

Sapphireskiss has got the right idea. That BF2 trick is way more important than which pickup he's using.

That sounded nothing like Le tekro's tone?
This Guy's track https://soundcloud.com/lefty-lounge-liz ... ro-ss-test with a duncan custom does
lll":3v2do7zq said:
I'm 100% positive it's a SH-5.
Here's a super-quickie "Seven Seas" (solo too) I whipped up using BIAS FX and a pre-1983 SH-5:

https://soundcloud.com/lefty-lounge-liz ... ro-ss-test

charvelstrat81":16mn7m61 said:
and if you don't like ronni le tekro as a guitarist i really do not give a fuck.

Sometimes threads get derailed. But they usually find their way back to being on point. Towards that effort check out this thread.

viewtopic.php?t=81503

Mark Day is a fucking monster. He's using a modern high gain amp and active pups and by using that BF2 trick he still gets way more than just "in the ballpark" tonewise.
EDIT: yes the gain structure is different but the frequencies affected are right there.

charvelstrat81":1qope8k3 said:
Unless you have his rig setup , stings , effects , tuning and adjustments , what exact pickup he uses really won't matter .
It's only one small piece of the puzzle to getting his tone , just saying .
No matter what others like , I still like a lot of the 80's rock bands and the gear they used .
Atleast they could actually sing and play guitar while getting the chicks . :LOL: :LOL:

Rezamatix":35c7n4d7 said:
Oblivion DC":35c7n4d7 said:
Bloodrock":35c7n4d7 said:
Yeah singers that can actually sing suck. What were they thinking? Just scream like cookie monster taking a shit, that's real talent.

Yeah those castrati are pretty awesome. Such a strong performance Jeff Becerra just can't compare. :LOL: :LOL:

1983...we all had choices on what to listen to...you take the screaming queens with hair spray. I'm sticking with this.

:thumbsup: :rock:

Rezamatix":62xk2fl7 said:
Oblivion DC":62xk2fl7 said:
Bloodrock":62xk2fl7 said:
Yeah singers that can actually sing suck. What were they thinking? Just scream like cookie monster taking a shit, that's real talent.

Yeah those castrati are pretty awesome. Such a strong performance Jeff Becerra just can't compare. :LOL: :LOL:

1983...we all had choices on what to listen to...you take the screaming queens with hair spray. I'm sticking with this.

To each his own ,!0 minutes of that shit listening to speed wanking on guitar with a constant drum snare that sounds like a construction zone and i want to barf .

charvelstrat81":2eplc4k5 said:

JB6464":s7kjc820 said:
Rezamatix":s7kjc820 said:
Oblivion DC":s7kjc820 said:
Bloodrock":s7kjc820 said:

To each his own ,!0 minutes of that shit listening to speed wanking on guitar with a constant drum snare that sounds like a construction zone and i want to barf .

I was into all of the metal in the 80s. Had Kill Em All when it came out in 1983 and was into Ozzy, Dio, Maiden, Priest, Sabbath and also was into TNT, Dokken, The Crue, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Ratt, The SSkid Row, Testament, Megadeth, Anthrax, King Diamond, The Shrapnel scene, DLR with Vai, Vai, Satriani, etc. I embraced all hard rock and metal well except bands like Poison and Warrant. I am also into some Death Metal, the Scandinavian and Nordic Extreme stuff, Opeth old and new, Nevermore, Evergrey, some Doom, and much more. People like what they like.

sapphireskiss":328jzl2q said:
Rezamatix":328jzl2q said:
I can't believe people still listen to music with singers like this...

:thumbsdown:
Damn right I still listen to this...Tony Harnell was a fucking amazing vocalist, can sing circles around any modern shit singer ive heard other than maybe Myles Kennedy. Shouting/grunting/sounding like the cookie monster on crack isn't singing. Its shit. Plain and simple. I don't comment on vids posted that I don't dig, if I don't like it I stay away. You can post whatever you want, but the truth about modern rock hurts. It's for the most part shit. I'd rather listen to the older stuff...everyone had chops and stage presence. Not many bands nowadays have that. Some, but few. Shit, bar bands 25 years ago had more talent than half the down tuned horseshit I hear on modern rock radio these days.

sapphireskiss":34eprert said:
Rezamatix":34eprert said:

I can't believe that there isn't a thing out in this wide, wide world that you don't have some sort of negative commentary to bestow upon us.

I usually don't have much to say to/about people, but your act is really getting tired. It's like you just can't help yourself. Geezus dude. Give it a rest. It never ends with you.

Back on topic, the Duncan Custom is probably right next to the JB as a favorite pickup. More balanced than a JB, and more articulate, but still plenty of output. The Custom Custom, from what I remember (it's been a while) had a bit of an EQ tweak from the Custom - a touch less low end w/a little more of a 'vintage-y' mid, and just a tad lower output for a sweeter sound.

I forget what Ronni was using then...but I think it was more about his signal chain than the guitar. PEQ was a big part of it IIRC...

Racerxrated":jqvfr8jc said:
sapphireskiss":jqvfr8jc said:
Rezamatix":jqvfr8jc said:

Damn right I still listen to this...Tony Harnell was a fucking amazing vocalist, can sing circles around any modern shit singer ive heard other than maybe Myles Kennedy. Shouting/grunting/sounding like the cookie monster on crack isn't singing. Its shit. Plain and simple. I don't comment on vids posted that I don't dig, if I don't like it I stay away. You can post whatever you want, but the truth about modern rock hurts. It's for the most part shit. I'd rather listen to the older stuff...everyone had chops and stage presence. Not many bands nowadays have that. Some, but few. Shit, bar bands 25 years ago had more talent than half the down tuned horseshit I hear on modern rock radio these days.

Well said!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh Jorn Lande is another killer singer, but to some it is DAD ROCK!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

metalmaniac93":3a2kso3h said:
Racerxrated":3a2kso3h said:
sapphireskiss":3a2kso3h said:
Rezamatix":3a2kso3h said:

Well said!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh Jorn Lande is another killer singer, but to some it is DAD ROCK!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Long live DAD METAL!! :rock:

SH-5 Duncan Custom ive been using 20 years, one of the best pups ive ever used.

You can get it in about any color, with or without covers.

LeTekro definitely used the Duncan Custom SH-5.

Also, that BF-2 trick? Yeah, that was me that figured it out and started a mild BF-2 frenzy on RT. Of course when I did it, it was in 2008 and this music was only 24 years old at the time, so it was way more hip then :LOL: :LOL:

Back