ESP Eclipse 1 CTM Full Thickness

faisalbaig

I am getting a good deal on the above mentioned guitar. The two main attractions i have towards this guitar are the reinforced headstock joint at the back of the neck, and the ebony fretboard.

I am in the hunt for a modern versatile LP type guitar with tons of sustain. I like the ESP as i know they are built really really well, i shall however swap out the EMG's for passive pickups.

So, anyone with experience wanna advise me ?
I know its not a REAL les paul......but it isn't a Les Paul ?????

Thanks

I had to make the same decision when I was deciding to buy my first Gibson Les Paul, and I ended up getting the Gibson. To me, the ESP Eclipse 1 is the Eclipse to get (same body thickness as a Gibson LPC, 4 control knobs, and much, much better looking cutaway), and while I had to search and search to find a decent Gibson, it's worth the wait. It's a PITA to find a decent Gibson, but once you find a good one, I don't think any guitar can hold a candle to a good Gibson.

One thing to consider, if you want the neck "reinforcement" (also called a volute), find a Norlin-era Gibson Les Paul Custom. They have the volute that's actually a little beefier than ESPs. If I was in your shoes now, make sure you play several Gibsons before you decide on the ESP. The Gibsons were typically around 2 pounds lighter than the "full thickness" ESPs, and I thought the Gibsons had way better tone, while the ESPs played faster...

...all IMHO, and only based upon my experience...

I own a bunch of les pauls and i also have a few eclipse and one of my eclipse has the fullthickness body like a les paul, the esp well built and has a nice neck.
I think they are a great guitar but i dont think it sounds or feels like a les paul, very similar shape but it sounds like a esp and gibson sounds like a gibson even though they have the same pickups and combination of woods.

Well i will be swapping out the active emg's......neither am i looking for a purely Les Paul tone. I am just looking for a solid single cut guitar with tons of sustain and thick tone.
Also, i cant gel with the rounded 50's necks of the LP's so i would have to look for a standard with slim 60's neck.

Biggest problems is that i live abroad and can only order the guitar. I have heard ESP quality is a lot more consistent than modern Gibsons.

Saw this deal and still considering it.......

It has Plenty of sustain and is very resonate.
Its thicker sounding than my regular thickness eclipse.
I think its one of my best sounding guitars and i own over 20 guitars.

Back