FYI for Photobucket Users

IndyWS6

All of the posts where people have linked to Photobucket pictures look like the screenshot below. Except, presumably, for people that have updated their accounts or have a minimal number of linked photos. Just an FYI...

Attachments

• Image_01.jpg
    Image_01.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 4,070
Chester Nimitz":2qr73xyr said:
They want $300 a year now to use the worst site ever made.
I figured it was something like that.

Just thought people might want to know that the photos in their "For Sale" posts (and others) weren't showing...

399 per year

they will go under soon. no one is going to go there. ad revenue will dry up. download your pics while you still can.

Maybe if you've gone over a certain amount? The stuff in my sig looks right to me, is it not showing for others?

SpiderWars":h6nh8npz said:
Maybe if you've gone over a certain amount? The stuff in my sig looks right to me, is it not showing for others?
I think it's if you go past a certain limit, but I'm guessing based on the wording of the error message. To answer your question. I don't see anything in your sig (error or otherwise), but I can see your avatar...

I love it when "free" websites go broke & are in debt and then try to "squeeze" the clientele for the cash.

Must be owned by Russia now ... :confused:

Does the above pic mean they are charging me the big bux to have it posted here? I am super computer illiterate,so bear with me.

rottingcorpse":36m7s82b said:
Does the above pic mean they are charging me the big bux to have it posted here? I am super computer illiterate,so bear with me.
Most likely, you just haven't hit whatever number they allow without charging the $400...

a>

I guess mine no longer works. Better find a new site. Not paying for a site that makes my computer act like it has a couple hundred viruses.

IndyWS6":pzecnl35 said:
rottingcorpse":pzecnl35 said:
Most likely, you just haven't hit whatever number they allow without charging the $400...

Their limit must not be much because I only use 3% of my space and only occasionally link photos and my account is frozen. Screw Photobucket. I'm not paying anything, especially $400 a year, when there are so many free sites out there.

I found an email from them in my SPAM folder this morning saying my account features had been disabled and I needed to pay to turn them back on. I figured it was actual SPAM until I found that I had stuff not showing up on other forums along with other peoples' posts showing the same message. Yeah, $400 a year or $40 a month. I started moving to Imgur about a year ago when Photobucket's bullshit ads started getting through ad blockers. Even if you waited for all the ads and flashes and videos, the site wasn't working well enough to use anymore anyway. I'm not surprised they did this but I can't believe they think anybody is going to pay their extortion price...they may have had some takers at a few dollars a month but nobody's going to pay this. I don't see bandwith mentioned anywhere so I'm not sure why some people's links still work and some don't.

https://photobucket.com/p500/

I haven't received any notices but use their service at the bare minimum, just occasionally posting a pic or two...but it's such a clunky, slow site anyway I didn't need much of an excuse to scram and find something better.

Anyone here use or sample "Postimage"?

I see your shots, copilot, rottingcorpse...but only your code, crunchtime.

testing as well (not that I care, I'll be finding a new host ASAP)..

Back