Herbert MK2 MV1 & MV2

hopkinWFG

I got my first Diezel and yes ! Its killer amp ! To be honest its my first time playing such a compressed amp... its a different animal for sure and it seems this amp is good on its own you wont need a pedal for it!!...

I was just toying around with the Master volume 1 and Master volume 2.... i just found unexpectly that MV1 sound like having more balls and grit than MV2 thus MV2 sound less of the "grind" going but has more of a tamed down character to it...

But is this just the usual thing going on as its supposed to give different flavour on different MV ? Any Herbert expert here ? Thanks !!

I found similar MV difference on my VH2, where MV2 sounds different in mids. I asked Diezel about this and they answered that it might originate from some component tolerances etc. I really like this, since it gives me more tonal options :)

hopkinWFG":2pgwpn8z said:
I got my first Diezel and yes ! Its killer amp ! To be honest its my first time playing such a compressed amp... its a different animal for sure and it seems this amp is good on its own you wont need a pedal for it!!...

I was just toying around with the Master volume 1 and Master volume 2.... i just found unexpectly that MV1 sound like having more balls and grit than MV2 thus MV2 sound less of the "grind" going but has more of a tamed down character to it...

But is this just the usual thing going on as its supposed to give different flavour on different MV ? Any Herbert expert here ? Thanks !!

Thought we were keeping the MV difference a secret. :D
I did find the same thing with my MK2 as well.

TTV":2sydc6nw said:
I found similar MV difference on my VH2, where MV2 sounds different in mids. I asked Diezel about this and they answered that it might originate from some component tolerances etc. I really like this, since it gives me more tonal options :)

There is a certain amp builder that would claim his Flagship amp had the same components but if
you talk to people whom have owned different build years, they will swear there is a tonal difference.
(hence the tolerance differences )

Thanks btw guys... but didnt know such a small tolerance can make an audible difference... cool btw in that sense some may get MV2 to sound ballsier than MV1 ?

TTV":3nf90j5p said:

As a fellow VH2 owner this interests me! What's the difference that you hear? I'm going to A/B them after work!

LucyLived":oj6ru7ip said:
As a fellow VH2 owner this interests me! What's the difference that you hear? I'm going to A/B them after work!

MV2 sound has slightly higher upper mids and some small reduction in lower mids compared to MV1. Difference is noticeable and good to my ear :thumbsup: Definitely the sound is NOT thin, it's still the trademark growl.

Back