I am a Viking!

Trilogy is also a great record as well although possibly a bit more commercial but after that album it started to really get polished and MTV friendly it seemed which I was bummed about.

391106.jpg

That original band lineup was just ON FIRE & insanely talented. I loved Yngwie when he first came out & was hungry & groundbreaking (we got a taste of it with Alcatrazz - loved his tone) and the first 2 Malmsteen solo discs were great.

I liked the Joe Lynn Turner stuff, as well as Boals. I saw Yngwie live a total of 5-6 tikes back in the day, and most recently a couple of years ago. No need to see him live again after that debacle (band was in the corner, with no vocalist, just people taking turns yelping out vocal attempts).
Over the years, he has become very boring & derivative. I think his playing & tone changed quite a bit after his accident.
Just my 0.02

This thread brings back some good 'ol memories. Hadn't thought of those albums in a long long time. Remember wearing out the cassettes for Triology & Rising Force.

I love Yngwie threads... can't wait to see him do a thousand kicks and play to backing tracks and a smoke machine when he comes my way in the spring.. Marching Out is an amazing album. Aggressive and melodic. His tone used to feel rounder and darker back in the analog days before everything was so dissected. Way better for his style than the ultra crisp he goes for now. He's so effortless and that vibrato is like a fine wine. Him and Schenker with their vibrato. Magic I tells ya!

I love Yngwie threads... can't wait to see him do a thousand kicks and play to backing tracks and a smoke machine when he comes my way in the spring.. Marching Out is an amazing album. Aggressive and melodic. His tone used to feel rounder and darker back in the analog days before everything was so dissected. Way better for his style than the ultra crisp he goes for now. He's so effortless and that vibrato is like a fine wine. Him and Schenker with their vibrato. Magic I tells ya!

B-B-B-but Yngwie can't play with feel, don't you know? He certainly can, when he wants to. It's a shame he rarely wants to!

Back