if Battery was on ..And Justice

I always kind of thought; Blackened is to AJFA as Battery is to MOP. And I love both songs as-is. A lot! So for me this was kind of an abortion.

It was definitely a lot of work and well executed.

:oops: Never formally studied music but I read a ton and that's the first time I've ever seen this.

Thank god for google. Audio examples here too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picardy_third

You know the part of the riff I'm talking about then? Right at the end before it repeats.

Changing that makes the riff much less melodically dynamic and it feels a little aimless.

Not to shit on the dude who made it, at all, actually he did a great job, I'm just saying the Picardy third is an ESSENTIAL part of what makes the battery riff slap.

You know the part of the riff I'm talking about then? Right at the end before it repeats.

Changing that makes the riff much less melodically dynamic and it feels a little aimless.

Not to shit on the dude who made it, at all, actually he did a great job, I'm just saying the Picardy third is an ESSENTIAL part of what makes the battery riff slap.
You talking the Chordal part F# to G then G to Ab? Isn't that just a chromatic climb or something? There's also the minor thirds he throws in the riff.

EDIT: Oh never mind, I know what part you're talking about now E to G to A then the Eb and E minor thirds to end it.

You talking the Chordal part F# to G then G to Ab? Isn't that just a chromatic climb or something? There's also the minor thirds he throws in the riff.

No, I'm talking about the inverted power chord d to d# that creates a relative Picardy third on the last repeat of the riff before it restarts.

Edit: that was confusing wording

I'm talking about the last d# is a relative Picardy third to the ringing, open chords e, c, g thing

EDIT: Oh never mind, I know what part you're talking about now E to G to A then the Eb and E minor thirds to end it.

Yep, the Eb and e minor thirds are what I'm talking about

It's literally the climax of the riff, and it sounds aimless and boring to me without it

I seen Metallica in the early 1980's at the Troubadour, when Dave Mustaine was still with them .
Face it, Metallica lost its hardened edge when the fired Dave .

I seen Metallica in the early 1980's at the Troubadour, when Dave Mustaine was still with them .
Face it, Metallica lost its hardened edge when the fired Dave .
Yeah, because MOP is such a nerfed album and don’t get me started on that simp inspired ballad One…..lol

Back