If it wasn’t for the Fender 50’s Bassman, NO JTM45.

Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59

Well-known member
There would also be no subsequent Marshall models, and no 100 other modded versions of the Marshall amp.

I’ve personally never owned a Marshall amp , but I love the tones that some guitarists get with them.

Any guys here other than VonBonfire appreciate Fender amps ?

Here was my collection of Fenders at one time, but now I’m down to 3 combos and my Vibrochamp Piggyback.

IMG_3140.jpeg
IMG_1339.jpeg
 
There are a lot of sweet Fender amps. Nice room you had there Texsunburst59. I love my Twins, other guy in my band loves his Tweed Bassman RI.
 
Fender amps are cool!
I have 4, but only 2 were actually made by Fender. I built the other 2
The real Fenders are a 78 Vibro champ and a 2018 silverface '68 custom deluxe re-issue.
My builds are 1: a tweed deluxe clone 1x12 combo with a greenback. Built with Classictone tweed deluxe spec iron.
Everyone should have a tweed deluxe. Super cool amps that can cover a lot of ground at a reasonable volume. And you can build one for next to nothing.

2: a 6G3 brownface deluxe head. I used an oversize Classictone deluxe OPT, and a Hammond PT. The Hammond PT has a little bit higher plate voltage than what you would normally find on a brownface deluxe ( 440v vs 390v on the brownface ) but I run those JJ6v6's that can handle 450v all day long, and the amp sounds glorious. Def has a JTM45 / Bluesbreaker vibe with the trem.
Both amps were built to the exact Fender schematics with no mods, other than the voltages on the 6G3.
Leo had some killer circuits no doubt.
As you move into the Blackface and Silverface era's, the mids are a little bit scooped and the overdrive character is much different from Marshall, but props to the old man for getting it all started.
 
Fender amps are cool!
I have 4, but only 2 were actually made by Fender. I built the other 2
The real Fenders are a 78 Vibro champ and a 2018 silverface '68 custom deluxe re-issue.
My builds are 1: a tweed deluxe clone 1x12 combo with a greenback. Built with Classictone tweed deluxe spec iron.
Everyone should have a tweed deluxe. Super cool amps that can cover a lot of ground at a reasonable volume. And you can build one for next to nothing.

2: a 6G3 brownface deluxe head. I used an oversize Classictone deluxe OPT, and a Hammond PT. The Hammond PT has a little bit higher plate voltage than what you would normally find on a brownface deluxe ( 440v vs 390v on the brownface ) but I run those JJ6v6's that can handle 450v all day long, and the amp sounds glorious. Def has a JTM45 / Bluesbreaker vibe with the trem.
Both amps were built to the exact Fender schematics with no mods, other than the voltages on the 6G3.
Leo had some killer circuits no doubt.
As you move into the Blackface and Silverface era's, the mids are a little bit scooped and the overdrive character is much different from Marshall, but props to the old man for getting it all started.


Man I’d LOVE to a Tweed Deluxe combo for sure.

Sad thing is I don’t know how to work on or build amps.

I’m scared I’d get electrocuted anyway.

If I knew someone locally who could build me a Tweed, I’d probably already have one.
 
Man I’d LOVE to a Tweed Deluxe combo for sure.

Sad thing is I don’t know how to work on or build amps.

I’m scared I’d get electrocuted anyway.

If I knew someone locally who could build me a Tweed, I’d probably already have one.
If you were in central Texas Austin-San Antone I can recommend a good local tech/builder.
 
If you were in central Texas Austin-San Antone I can recommend a good local tech/builder.

PM me some guys you would recommend.

I’m going to be selling some guitars and test the waters trying to sell my Fender Twin and Pro, but I’m not going to give them away.

Once I can get some good $$$ together, then
I can contact these guys and talk business.

Thanks VBF
 
Back
Top