If you could only save 1 piece of gear . . .

sahlomonic

Hypothetical question. Let's say god forbid your house catches fire. You get all your family out safe, all the pets, all good. You have just enough time to go back in the house to grab one piece of gear before it all burns up and the house comes crashing down. What do you take?

My '96 PRS Custom 22. That thing just has way too much sentimental value. Hard to believe I've had it almost 30 years.

It's far more rare than some weak ass Larry hahaha but seriously we all have more than one thing after all the yrs of doing this. If I had to choose I couldn't and end up in the burn unit🔥😎

Last edited:
Need good insurance specific to your equipment. If I had to choose; the only thing not really replaceable in my rig is my Caswell. Those don’t grow anymore. Guitars, speakers, other stuff like lexicons and pedals ehhhhh. In all reality I’d prolly just start from scratch. How sad. Would be like my divorce. Biiiiiiiiitch!

Id say my Les Paul custom. Its’s too unique given the color, being quite heavy, and having a thicker neck for the era. And I’d be in a rage for months if I had to fork over current custom prices for a replacement.

Need good insurance specific to your equipment. If I had to choose; the only thing not really replaceable in my rig is my Caswell. Those don’t grow anymore. Guitars, speakers, other stuff like lexicons and pedals ehhhhh. In all reality I’d prolly just start from scratch. How sad. Would be like my divorce. Biiiiiiiiitch!
Hope the pussy was really good. Fuckin bitch.

I bet there is a 6 yr old in your area that would double tap her in the head.

The guitars that I've built, that I didn't sell 10-15 years ago. If only one, it would be a koa liberty model. I bought the wood in Kauai (ocean salvaged) and had to sit on it until the moisture content was good.

I carved a dolphin in the volute. My wife took a photo of the dolphin while out on a charter.

When I retire I will build again, though I doubt any others will be this sentimental.

The guitars that I've built, that I didn't sell 10-15 years ago. If only one, it would be a koa liberty model. I bought the wood in Kauai (ocean salvaged) and had to sit on it until the moisture content was good.

I carved a dolphin in the volute. My wife took a photo of the dolphin while out on a charter.

When I retire I will build again, though I doubt any others will be this sentimental.

That is such a gorgeous guitar!

Back