Kruse Control mods 5150III into Stealth

No experience with that mod, but Jens is very professional and fast turn around. He modded my VH4 and it was remarkable. I would have never sold it except for a move. Best amp I ever played and I've played damn near all of em.

I don't know anything about that mod but Voodoo and FJA both do mods to give you independent control over Ch1 and Ch2 gain and volume on the front of the amp using concentric pots and then there's this insanity that Salvation mods seems to be doing now, adding a full clean channel EQ to the 50w....

10982848_894523040598542_5334699455671436394_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/salvationmods/ ... 3040598542

I think the stock EVH amp sounds the best in those first clips..... Not sure why people would want an independent complete clean on these amps. The cleans are clear and pristine enough to my ear and the green channel opened up is old school goodness!

I had Jens work on my one of my Diezels he was fast, honest and proffesional the amp sounds killer i will be sending another amp to him soon.

Jens did the variac powerscaling mod to my Splawn. Great communication. He was done and ready to ship in 6 business days. Amp has been flawless, works great and is such a cool feature to have. The stealth supersonic samples sound good, but almost too hifi for my ears. Maybe it's the vintage 30's he uses in his clips. But on his sound clip page, that is my Quickrod

thanks for all the response, guys. Good to know Jens does good work, have to give him a call and discuss my 50w.
BTW you guys who modded your Diezel, all I can say is "why"? All the Diezel I've tried sounded incredible stock. You guys are tone chasers ,lol.

My Diezel was damaged due to a crap packing job from the seller while it was there I had him do a Dekompression mod and the repair and the mod sounds way better in person than the demos on his site it was worth every penny his communication was great too .

Deanmachine":32qazj6e said:
My Diezel was damaged due to a crap packing job from the seller while it was there I had him do a Dekompression mod and the repair and the mod sounds way better in person than the demos on his site it was worth every penny his communication was great too .

I had the same mod. The great thing about is you can dial it in how ever much you want. Stock Diezel to full blown mod and all points in between. Very cool IMO.

I had my 50 watt modded by Jens. Mine was the first one to get the stealth mod and I'll admit it sounds great but now it's developed a loud hum that seems to be directly related to the separate gain knob installed for the blue channel. It's so loud the blue channel is unusable now. I tried new tubes but it didn't solve the problem...

I want to clarify that I'm not saying that the problem was caused by Jens Kruse or the mods because I really don't know for sure but I used the amp for a couple years before having it modded without problems and just a couple months afterwards I developed this nasty hum.

On the other hand Jens was a great guy to deal with and the turnaround time was very short. I'm still not sure if I want to pay the shipping to send it back to him or just have someone local fix it now..

jrh_67":38fjz592 said:
I
On the other hand Jens was a great guy to deal with and the turnaround time was very short. I'm still not sure if I want to pay the shipping to send it back to him or just have someone local fix it now..
wow, thanks for sharing your experience. That's too bad with the hum. But other than that, are you happy with the tone after the mod?

lettmusic":3grfbxmg said:
jrh_67":3grfbxmg said:
I
wow, thanks for sharing your experience. That's too bad with the hum. But other than that, are you happy with the tone after the mod?

He did the Supersonic mod also and the tone is phenomenal. It really does wake the amp up and makes it much louder. I'm pretty sure I could just blow my speakers in my 4x12 out onto the floor...lol. The only thing I didn't like is since mine was the first one I lost my resonance knob but noticed on his website that the newer mods are keeping the resonance knob.

In hindsight though if I had known I would develop problems with it I would have just left it stock. These amps sound good stock but I wanted a separate gain control and volumes matched for channels 1 and 2 and I'm afraid that came back to bite me in the butt....so to speak.

It's been broken for awhile now but I can still use the red and green channels and I only use this amp when playing with my drummer so I haven't been in too much hurry to get it fixed... I bought an Axe FX II to use at home that I'm thinking now will be replacing the 5153 and pedal board all together.....

I"ve used Jens to mod my same twice so far. 1st time he wasnt able to do the entire mod but I did get reimbursed accordingly. Past year I've had some troubles with the boards so I sent the amp back to Jens to install new boards and re-mod it. Got it back and wasn't working correctly. Apparently it got damaged in shipping so its on its way back to him. Will report back on my outcome once I get the amp back.

phil b":3nsc3cvv said:
I"ve used Jens to mod my same twice so far. 1st time he wasnt able to do the entire mod but I did get reimbursed accordingly. Past year I've had some troubles with the boards so I sent the amp back to Jens to install new boards and re-mod it. Got it back and wasn't working correctly. Apparently it got damaged in shipping so its on its way back to him. Will report back on my outcome once I get the amp back.
That always sucked when you have to ship back and forth, let us know how it turns out.

I had my second amp modded by Jens i went to his studio and he is great at explaining the details he very professional no ego at all and very fast the amp was a Herbert and I got a variac and Dekomp mod sounds killer.

Back