Laney Ironheart

UpInSmoke

So, someone has been talking to me about a Laney Ironheart 60 recently and I realized I don't know a lot about it. I looked it up and saw they've been out a while now and there are a few iterations. The studio kind of caught my attention most since it's small and easy to record with but I dunno how it would compare to the 60. I did the usual and watched some videos and searched around but I can't seem to get an idea of kind of where they land in the high-gain spectrum, not really. Euge and Kyle's videos of them sound great. But the same is true for the PRS Mt15, which I almost bought. And it's cheaper than both, even the studio.

I tried an MT15 recently and really liked it. I didn't think I would. I went to guitar center and I plugged in and went and it sounded kind of terrible. Someone had the gain, treble and presence almost maxed out. Everything about back to noon and it sounded pretty good I thought though I didn't play it much.

Any input from owners/those who've played them? The IRT60 worth the price to you still in 2021 or is the MT15 bang enough for less money? If IRT, studio or 60H?

I had the rackmount version for a bunch or years. Great amp! Super flexible.The guys from Killswitch Engage use the Ironheart if you want to know what it sounds like. I'd take one over an MT15 any day, everyday.

Back