Mesa Dual Calibers - tell me about them

I thought the DC-1o I heard sounded like ass. The gain was all over the place. Not very refined, musshy, and there wasn't very much gain in the first place.

Now; I only had about 20 minutes to mess around with it before a show, but I got to crank the shit out of and had my friend metal riff it out for me while I turned the knobs.

If you want to disagree with me, please, eat a dick. This is my opinion and I was honest about the circumstances in which I got to play it. I mean, come on! I knew I hated the Marshall Mode 4 the moment I played it. :rock: That amp could have had bad power tubes who's to say. It sounds like it would be a good Stoner Metal amp or what ever that sludgy genre is called.

It's not an amp I would buy for $500. I'd grab a Blackstar Ht5 and a Peavey Classic 50/50. Or a 5150 :p Shit I paid $350 for a 5150 Half stack a year ago. :D

xiwiwix":38df2gvy said:
I thought the DC-1o I heard sounded like ass. The gain was all over the place. Not very refined, musshy, and there wasn't very much gain in the first place.

Now; I only had about 20 minutes to mess around with it before a show, but I got to crank the shit out of and had my friend metal riff it out for me while I turned the knobs.

If you want to disagree with me, please, eat a dick. This is my opinion and I was honest about the circumstances in which I got to play it. I mean, come on! I knew I hated the Marshall Mode 4 the moment I played it. :rock: That amp could have had bad power tubes who's to say. It sounds like it would be a good Stoner Metal amp or what ever that sludgy genre is called.

It's not an amp I would buy for $500. I'd grab a Blackstar Ht5 and a Peavey Classic 50/50. Or a 5150 :p Shit I paid $350 for a 5150 Half stack a year ago. :D

So you played it for 20 minutes, and if we disagree with your uninformed opinion, we're to eat a dick? :LOL: :LOL:

And you didn't think it had enough gain? And it was all over the place? Did it ever occur to you that A. there was something wrong with the amp, B. it needed new tubes, or C. you just don't know WTF you're doing in 20 minutes to make an informed opinion?

polaris20":3owjkb4b said:
xiwiwix":3owjkb4b said:

So you played it for 20 minutes, and if we disagree with your uninformed opinion, we're to eat a dick? :LOL: :LOL:

And you didn't think it had enough gain? And it was all over the place? Did it ever occur to you that A. there was something wrong with the amp, B. it needed new tubes, or C. you just don't know WTF you're doing in 20 minutes to make an informed opinion?

You must have not read my thread right, you repeated A and B after I already said. And is C is wrong, I'm a highly trained retired GEAR WHORE. I know what the FAX up! :rock:

Juggernaut":2ysiad11 said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

sorry Roland, but I got to agree. :thumbsup:

SWEET! Can you put up some clips? I only had 2o minutes before a show to see if I wanted to use that amp or not. Ended up using a 5150combo and then bought one. :rock:

I have a Caliber .50+, and it`s NOT loose, it`s tight, aggressive, loud and brutal if need be.
The older Caliber series had shared everything, so having a clean sound and an over the top hi-gain at the same time is impossible.
Apart from that, it`s a very nice metal amp. I played it at 6-7 on the master at a gig a month ago, and it slayed.

xiwiwix":2vbhcdp2 said:
Juggernaut":2vbhcdp2 said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

sorry Roland, but I got to agree. :thumbsup:

SWEET! Can you put up some clips? I only had 2o minutes before a show to see if I wanted to use that amp or not. Ended up using a 5150combo and then bought one. :rock:

will do, hopefully it'll be here today, I'll try to get at least a crappy YT vid up.

funny thing is it's coming from Dallas, (5 hours away). Dude I got it from drives a truck for a living, so I had to wait till he got home to ship it. no worries. ;) He's a trustworthy dude.

xiwiwix":207isrp1 said:
polaris20":207isrp1 said:
xiwiwix":207isrp1 said:

You must have not read my thread right, you repeated A and B after I already said. And is C is wrong, I'm a highly trained retired GEAR WHORE. I know what the FAX up! :rock:

I repeated for A and B for clarification, because anyone who judges any amp after 20 minutes when not knowing the amp at all is misinformed. Sorry. I don't care how awesome you are or how many amps you've had.

In my opinion, any DC shits all over the 5150/6505 and Classic series. But hey, YMMV. I just thought the "eating dick" part was retarded, thus rendering your opinion rather moot in my eyes.

polaris20":3ccr29lu said:
xiwiwix":3ccr29lu said:
polaris20":3ccr29lu said:
xiwiwix":3ccr29lu said:

I repeated for A and B for clarification, because anyone who judges any amp after 20 minutes when not knowing the amp at all is misinformed. Sorry. I don't care how awesome you are or how many amps you've had.

In my opinion, any DC shits all over the 5150/6505 and Classic series. But hey, YMMV. I just thought the "eating dick" part was retarded, thus rendering your opinion rather moot in my eyes.

Eat dick111!!

:rock:

Just because your ears are fucked; could be the problem I don't know I'm just guessing, I can tell if I'm gonna like an amp with 2-3 minutes of turning that bitch on. So eat some more dick!

Oh, and by the way FUCK your opinion on the 5150. :thumbsup:

The part of about eating a dick was meant as in; this is how I see it and I'm right because it's my opinion and you can not say that my opinion is wrong because it's my opinion. I even posted a disclaimer saying the circumstances in which I played the amp were bad, so take what I said with a grain of salt. Jesus you are a dumb mother fucker. Fuck!

I guess everywhere you have an amp forum you have fucking retards as well. HCAF was plagued with fucknuts like your self. :D

Please don't be sad because I don't like your amp. <---Now I have to explain this because I doubt you're gonna get this either. I don't care if your sad, I'm saying you shouldn't care so much or get so offend with some one else opinion. ESPECIALLY if they say something like "I only had about 20 minutes to mess around with it before a show." I WAS ABOUT TO PLAY A FUCKING SHOW!!!! If you've ever played a shitty rock show then you know how fucked up that scenario could be; and it was just that.

Ok I'm done with you.

Hey, keep rockin your amp. Juggy's clips kick ass!

(I reallly don't dislike you, I'm just having fun. So please don't go have a coronary and shit on your keyboard. You really need to lighten the fuck up, this is only the internet. I'm kind of sorry I talked down to you, but like I said this is the internet so go fuck your self. :LOL: :LOL: )

Roland":bqsf9btw said:
polaris20":bqsf9btw said:
xiwiwix":bqsf9btw said:
polaris20":bqsf9btw said:
xiwiwix":bqsf9btw said:

Eat dick111!!

Just because your ears are fucked; could be the problem I don't know I'm just guessing, I can tell if I'm gonna like an amp with 2-3 minutes of turning that bitch on. So eat some more dick!

The part of about eating a dick was meant as in; this is how I see it and I'm right because it's my opinion and you can not say that my opinion is wrong because it's my opinion. I even posted a disclaimer saying the circumstances in which I played the amp were bad, so take what I said with a grain of salt. Jesus you are a dumb mother fucker. Fuck!

I guess everywhere you have an amp forum you have fucking retards as well. HCAF was plagued with fucknuts like your self. :D

Please don't be sad because I don't like your amp. <---Now I have to explain this because I doubt you're gonna get this either. I don't care if your sad, I'm saying you shouldn't care so much or get so offend with some one else opinion. ESPECIALLY if they say something like "I only had about 20 minutes to mess around with it before a show." I WAS ABOUT TO PLAY A FUCKING SHOW!!!! If you've ever played a shitty rock show then you know how fucked up that scenario could be; and it was just that.

Ok I'm done with you.

(I reallly don't dislike you, I'm just having fun. So please don't go have a coronary and shit on your keyboard. You really need to lighten the fuck up, this is only the internet. I'm kind of sorry I talked down to you, but like I said this is the internet so go fuck your self. :LOL: :LOL: )

"HCAF was plagued with fucknuts like your self."

:LOL: :LOL: Oh the irony.

You're going act like the HCAF douchebag you detest, then follow it up with "I'm just having fun."

No offense, but you're an asshole. :LOL: :LOL:

EDIT

BTW, I listened to Juggy's YouTube vid on Grailtone, and it absolutely slays. Sounds amazing, and I love the Juggernaut tone. I'm surprised I did like it, since I generally don't care for EMG's. Sounds much better than........wait for it........a 5150. :D

polaris20":1p609az3 said:
Roland":1p609az3 said:
xiwiwix":1p609az3 said:
xiwiwix":1p609az3 said:

Eat dick111!!

Ok I'm done with you.

"HCAF was plagued with fucknuts like your self."

:LOL: :LOL: Oh the irony.

You're going act like the HCAF douchebag you detest, then follow it up with "I'm just having fun."

No offense, but you're an asshole. :LOL: :LOL:

EDIT

BTW, I listened to Juggy's YouTube vid on Grailtone, and it absolutely slays. Sounds amazing, and I love the Juggernaut tone. I'm surprised I did like it, since I generally don't care for EMG's. Sounds much better than........wait for it........a 5150. :D

Hey, none taken!

polaris20":1essiiz1 said:
EDIT

:D :rock:

Juggernaut":2981ba0l said:
polaris20":2981ba0l said:
EDIT

:D :rock:

Yeah, you've got me GASing for a guitar I can't swing right now. :LOL: :LOL: Too many toys.

Back