Mesa Dual Calibers - tell me about them

That is a great tone you got dialed in. How long did it take you to tweak? I'm just curious. Reading through this thread on the DC amp has been interesting. As someone who has owned a DC5 since they first came out (I own 0009) I would suggest to anyone who owns one or is thinking about a purchase to tweak slowly with your ear, not your eyes. Read the manual on how each tone pot works with the next pot in line. This amp tweaks like no other I've owned and a little patience can go a long way. There are alot of different tones to be had in the DC. Regarding the amp sounding like ass. Only if you don't understand how the tone pots work together. It really is a bit of a different animal that needs a little understanding, then it purrs like a kitty or growls like a dog, your choice, and that is the beauty of the DC.

PS Monstatone is the man when it comes to these amps. A true Boogie fan who has been through the DC's inside and out. Have'nt found anyone more knowledgable than him regarding DC's. Good luck with it and happy axe-grinding :rock:

billboogie":2j3h4vll said:
That is a great tone you got dialed in. How long did it take you to tweak? I'm just curious. Reading through this thread on the DC amp has been interesting. As someone who has owned a DC5 since they first came out (I own 0009) I would suggest to anyone who owns one or is thinking about a purchase to tweak slowly with your ear, not your eyes. Read the manual on how each tone pot works with the next pot in line. This amp tweaks like no other I've owned and a little patience can go a long way. There are alot of different tones to be had in the DC. Regarding the amp sounding like ass. Only if you don't understand how the tone pots work together. It really is a bit of a different animal that needs a little understanding, then it purrs like a kitty or growls like a dog, your choice, and that is the beauty of the DC.

PS Monstatone is the man when it comes to these amps. A true Boogie fan who has been through the DC's inside and out. Have'nt found anyone more knowledgable than him regarding DC's. Good luck with it and happy axe-grinding :rock:

Yeah it's kinda like a diet Mark IV in that regard, in that you can't really set everything at noon and be instantly happy.

billboogie":38m5dvrc said:

Didn't take but a few minutes to dial in, for some reason I gel with Mesas really well, and can dial them in pretty easily, other amps, I have to mess with longer. :LOL: :LOL:

Juggernaut":32bn2eu6 said:
polaris20":32bn2eu6 said:
EDIT

BTW, I listened to Juggy's YouTube vid on Grailtone, and it absolutely slays. Sounds amazing, and I love the Juggernaut tone. I'm surprised I did like it, since I generally don't care for EMG's. Sounds much better than........wait for it........a 5150. :D

:D :rock:

Not enough gain for metal that is for sure :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously sounds good, just as aggressive as most 5150 clips I have heard. :rock:

Back