Mesa triple crown love!

VESmedic

Sure, this is the axe fx, but it’s exactly like what I rememeber the TC to be compared to the recto. It’s definitely got that boogie mark low end thing going on, and I really dig it here. Just a single 57, 2 tracks. The big arpeggiated chords with all those crazy harmonics sounds unreal good to me, super clear, not fuzzy at all, super detailed and tons of space between the notes. The riffs around the one minute mark sound deadly to me, what an incredible bottom end this amp has. I see why Wes hauch loves this thing.

https://on.soundcloud.com/KLXfAXmUzELspbmC6

*added*

Same amp, but with a Marshall BV cab , 2005 speakers (IR)

The low end just sounds incredible on this amp to me, even more so with the BV cab for my tastes.

https://on.soundcloud.com/HbE9524Tizu1Te9B6

Last edited:
Sure, this is the axe fx, but it’s exactly like what I rememeber the TC to be compared to the recto. It’s definitely got that boogie mark low end thing going on, and I really dig it here. Just a single 57, 2 tracks. The big arpeggiated chords with all those crazy harmonics sounds unreal good to me, super clear, not fuzzy at all, super detailed and tons of space between the notes. The riffs around the one minute mark sound deadly to me, what an incredible bottom end this amp has. I see why Wes hauch loves this thing.

Yep it’s a fav of mine the clarity and harmonics of that thing are unreal
And the model does a pretty solid job of replicating it

Yep it’s a fav of mine the clarity and harmonics of that thing are unreal
And the model does a pretty solid job of replicating it

Yea man, I really love this amp and what it brings to the table for sure, big fan. Pretty underrated I think. Mesa got this one right I think for the recto/mark combination thing.

Triple crown is a rad amp. I just recently reacquired one and forgot how much I love it, even more than the Badlander, which I also love.

I think an Empress ParaEQ in the loop would really take this amp over the top for me and allow me to tweak some of my beefs with the frequencies out of the amp, but they'd be small tweaks. Mainly in the low end.

Clip sounds great

Triple crown is a rad amp. I just recently reacquired one and forgot how much I love it, even more than the Badlander, which I also love.

I think an Empress ParaEQ in the loop would really take this amp over the top for me and allow me to tweak some of my beefs with the frequencies out of the amp, but they'd be small tweaks. Mainly in the low end.

Clip sounds great
Dude… I don’t know how you keep all that shit straight. Watched a few of your video’s this weekend. The 80 cabs was crazy. You ever want rid of anything call me. I’m not that far away…lol

Never tried one….tc or an axefx.

Clip sounds great

Thanks homie. Love the empress eq, it’s the best around in my opinion anyways. Love it in the loop of my Herbert especially, really shines with that amp for some reason to me.

I had a TC100 for a while and the thing that led to me selling it is lacked umph in the palm mute department. Otherwise, it had unreal harmonics and was amazing for thrash type stuff. The posted recording of the AxeFx sounds a lot more dynamic than the actual amp from what I remember.

lacked umph in the palm mute department.
no-randy-jackson.gif

I've never played one but I would've probably selled it too

Dude… I don’t know how you keep all that shit straight. Watched a few of your video’s this weekend. The 80 cabs was crazy. You ever want rid of anything call me. I’m not that far away…lol
The only thing I can seem to keep straight in my life is gear, if that tells you anything. LOL Can't figure out how to play it yet, though.
I've always got massive for sale lists going, just posted one and sold a bunch of shit over the weekend. https://www.instagram.com/belligerentgearsales/?hl=en

Will Adler likes the TC-100 as well, it was in his rig for a long while with his Mark IV's, but I think he may have switched over to the Badlander, not sure?

The main complaint I hear about that amp is a lack of low end? Seems like it has enough for me though.

Nice clips VESmedic

Will Adler likes the TC-100 as well, it was in his rig for a long while with his Mark IV's, but I think he may have switched over to the Badlander, not sure?

The main complaint I hear about that amp is a lack of low end? Seems like it has enough for me though.

Nice clips VESmedic
Willie ran the TC-100 with a Mesa 5-band in the loop. Not really sure what he's using currently but Mark is all in on Badlanders right now.

Back