Metro Amp forum?

variac, HOT pickup, EQ pedal, plexi... I don't know, but it gets pretty damn close if you ask me. That said, an EQ pedal is still a boost!

Live, he was probably sneaking in a distortion + let's be honest. That tone live is gainy and could cut through glass. No wonder he went to a 5150.. he obviously always had an ear for gain and got tired of messing around with mods or other ways to get the stock circuit to give him the goods he needed.

Anyway, metro forum was an amazing resource. Now all of a sudden the mod 5 specs will become secret again and even more legendary!

George, if you have to start over there are a lot of us that contributed over the years and will do so again to bring back as much as possible.

Velvetgeorge":29ljz62x said:
... and we are looking into that forenzically...
If you can't spell the word forensically, I don't have high hopes of that process panning out for ya. ;)

I've been reading that forum for so long. That would be terrible to lose everything on there. I've tried using archive.org to check some of my bookmarked threads and not all of them are snapshot. Crossing my fingers.

Gil Favor":3bi5cnye said:
Velvetgeorge":3bi5cnye said:
... and we are looking into that forenzically...
If you can't spell the word forensically, I don't have high hopes of that process panning out for ya. ;)

I was going to say something snarky about your strong first post to try and lighten the mood, but then I noticed your dick sig. Obviously George kicked sand in your vagina at some point on metroamp.

Good luck George, I hope you can recover your site.

carlygtr":3ankqxsr said:
rlord1974":3ankqxsr said:
This is one of those times when I wish there was a moderator on this site that would move the whole VH discussion into it's own thread. Or, better yet, into the trash bin.

:doh:

Isn't this thread about the Metro forum?..... :confused:

shoot%2Bme%2Bnow.jpg

God forbid it goes off on a tangent and doesn't comply to your liking. :doh:

Sorry, but this tired old debate about VH1 tones is a fucking Grade-A bore that never results in any definitive conclusions nor goes anywhere new.....

human-hamster-wheel-o.gif

wow, that's bad news George, so sorry to hear that. Your site was such an invaluable resource, I hope you can save it.

Wow George sorry to hear that. It's pretty pathetic the way some of the folks like Nitro, who were banned on multiple forums choose this thread to pile on a really decent guy who has brought a lot of inspiration to the amp building world, and spent years helping others.

Now I'm gonna stick up for my friend George.

Hey Nitro, You're right. All those other forums that banned you for berating others who disagreed with your unsubstantiated claims backed up by non existent sound clips were bad, but their loss is Rig Talk's gain. (Sarcasm ) Now you can hijack threads here and spread your vast self proclaimed "knowledge" (ROTFLMAO) by the shovel full.
Mike

Mightymike, whats wrong did you lose your friends,for your information Ive only been banned from two sites and metro was one.George should have gotten rid of you the ban happy moderator.All the people that where banned from metro all feel the sameway about you not george.So now you come on rig talk and show people what type of person you really are,ive been banned from metro for over two years hard for you to forget.You were the one that banned many people including Mark(RIP)Rockstah.You should grow up and be a man,you need to lie and make up stuff about people thats how you get though life and stop crying like a women....... :cry: Im the same person behind the computer screen as i am in person im not a phony or a person who posts BS.

You sound really bitter and classless kicking George when he is down. And for the record it was a unanimous vote that none of us were happy about. I was the last holdout yes vote having taken Mark under my wing to teach him amp building, so don't even go there with your know nothing drama. There's a lot that you don't know, like the the fact that it was my idea that he start his own forum, that we patched things up, and that he was about to ban you from his site for the same stuff you always do. Berate others, and make other's threads all about you. How dare you bring him into this. Just because he was banned didn't mean we didn't care a lot about him. OMG classless.... I'm done.. Sorry everyone. I just wanted to stick up for a good friend.

Velvetgeorge":wyahjz3r said:
For those who care, the situation is not good. The server was infected by malware. It may have been a malicious attack and we are looking into that forenzically. The malware is so deeply embedded that they don't know if they can remove it, there's a distinct possibility that I will lose everything from over 10 years online. My entire web archive, forum, store, database and both websites could be gone. The longer this continues, the more likely it seems that it is lost.

I'll be the first to blame myself for not being better protected and fully backed up off site. It's 100% my own fault. I'm a complete internet neophyte and didn't comprehend the possibilities for loss or what steps should have been taken to prevent this catastrophie.

It makes me physically ill to think about all the info that may be lost from metro forum. So many amazing techs, tonal breakthroughs, passionate debates etc, including posts from people who are longer with us. Most of that can never be replaced. The forum was far bigger than me and metroamp, I feel like it was my responsibility to maintain and preserve it and I dropped he ball.
There's a chance that internet cache may have some of those pages saved and could be part of a painstaking start over from scratch.

For now, it doesn't look good but we are exploring every option and resource to recover as much as possible. I'll do my best to post updates.

George

I'm sorry to hear that George. I moderate gearslutz.com, you should go there and message Whitecat. Tell him I sent you and we are friends, see what he says. GS is the biggest audio forum in the world and we have the best of everything over there. Maybe he can help or send you to the right guy.

J

it doesnt take long for threads to turn to shit. wow.

pm is a nice feature.

Mightymike, you talk about classless you come to Rig talk with your hatred,like I said the issue wasnt George it was YOU, You were ban happy,you banned so many people now your trying to weasel out of it. Here at Rig Talk the moderators are normal you might learn something from them.I feel bad for George and many others feel the sameway believe me......

nitro":1gas1rru said:
who cares.....
Just in case you forget about how you conduct yourself in other peoples' threads Nitro. You started the BS plain and simple. You could have left it alone.

Back