Mic Mars live tone

i remember seeing his rig at a concert on the circus tour a few years back. he had a four head rig with a switcher. i can't remember exactly which heads he had in that rig.. but i do remember seeing a knucklehead in there.

amazing live tone for sure... instead of stating the obvious, let's talk about the tone! I thought he used VHT poweramps, a modded Marshall and some SLO's.HUGE sound from what I remember.

it was a few years back. i remember that he a bunch of marshall cabs that were painted tan. they were mostly for show. might have been an slo.. a modded marshall.. a knucklehead and a mesa.. but it was awhile ago.. so it's kinda foggy. i do remember he had a seven button switcher that spelled f-u-c-k-y-o-u.

Pretty sure that the modded Marshall is a Jose Arredondo modded head :rock: I know my Jose JCM800 nails that tone all day

threadkiller":1i63mv2i said:
Watched a concert last night on VH1 classic and thought Mic's live tone was great. That is all.
Watched the same concert. Good stuff for sure. Man he looks really bad though. Know his health is failing.

When my band opened for Motley in 2009 Mick was using a W/D/W rig with the pitch shifting from the Eventide. Amps he used were Soldano SLO, Rivera, Jose Modded JCM 800.

couldn't tell at all from the footage what he was using. The concert was from 2005. Yeah, he looked pretty bad. sucks about his medical problems

His health is still holding up pretty good actually. He had a couple surgeries to help out. He still plays his modded Marshall/SLO's live. If you've seen the Crue the last couple years, you can hear about halfway thru the set when he goes from Marshall (for the older stuff), then starts mixing in the SLO tone for the later Feelgood type tones. You can acutally hear the SLO saturation kick in. :rock:

Even album wise....huge difference between Shout at the devil....and Dr. Feelgood.
Girls Girls Girls still is the Bomb! :rock:

Back