Mic Mars live tone

jlbaxe":1rk8gago said:
Saw Crüe with Whitesnake opening ( Girls girls tour) White snake was awesome, Unfortunately Crüe was so loud we had to leave. Couldn't hear music was more noise. Wish we stayed and it was clearer would have liked to watch mic and nixx. Did see tommy in his cage doing the roll thing. Put up with about 6-7 songs. The best part was all the women walking around in Teddy's and Lingerie :D

So you had enjoyed Girls Girls tour . also we have a tour from our university . There will be lots of fun and enjoyment. Really i enjoy this. Another things , i think that we shouldn't move anywhere without crue or guide . because he/she knows very well about that place.

FreyaClements":364vaace said:
jlbaxe":364vaace said:
Saw Crüe with Whitesnake opening ( Girls girls tour) White snake was awesome, Unfortunately Crüe was so loud we had to leave. Couldn't hear music was more noise. Wish we stayed and it was clearer would have liked to watch mic and nixx. Did see tommy in his cage doing the roll thing. Put up with about 6-7 songs. The best part was all the women walking around in Teddy's and Lingerie :D

So you had enjoyed Girls Girls tour . also we have a tour from our university . There will be lots of fun and enjoyment. Really i enjoy this. Another things , i think that we shouldn't move anywhere without crue or guide . because he/she knows very well about that place.

Jay's Lady Friend: He only speaks Russian?
Jay: Naw, he speaks some English, but he cannot speak it good like we do.

FreyaClements":e54zkrm2 said:
jlbaxe":e54zkrm2 said:

:confused:

Caatching the crue for the first time in a little over a week in Bangor Maine! First time to my knowledge that they have come to this forgotten corner of the U.S.
-mp-

zz666":2fghlqxp said:
Mars does have a fat live tone (bit too much harmonizer for me). Bear in mind, Crue use TONS of backing tracks which include guitars.

OMG, when you start mentioning tracks people get all offended and go on the attack like it doesn't happen with most top level bands. I think the average person would be shocked at how many big name bands do this to fatten the mix.

With that said, I saw the crue back in about 2001 or so. I was very impressed with Micks tone and his playing was very solid.

As far as his playing i nthe 80's and not getting the recognition that he deserved...I think what set him apart from most players was his solid rhythm hooks and his incorporation of slide into his playing. I mean listen to theater of pain. Almost all his solos had some slide in them. Nobody was doing that at the time

1987 Girls Girls Girls tour with White Snake opening was one of the best shows I've ever seen. It was a packed Hirsch Colliseum, at 10000 people. It was good to be 20 y/o at a Crew concert with lots of boobs flashing!

Mars to me is one of the best players out there....I wish he'd do a solo record though. All the other Motley guys do there thing. What's Mick do sets and waits on them. He should wait on no one and just go do it!!

FreyaClements":351nwpbw said:
jlbaxe":351nwpbw said:

I travel to you University. I no see Girl Girl tour.
I see Boy Boy tour. Make me sad. I cry.
This guy make funny face at my friend. Me think he happy.
Your friend?

From my university to yours, really I could like you be friend to you. I could much enjoy this from you see I like girls girls. Not an intention mine of yours to see man cheeks only, but ours is a tour of enlightenment and which I will too enjoy men's sportswear and conditioning spandex.

:confused: yep. :thumbsup:

glassjaw7":2ela9d89 said:
From my university to yours, really I could like you be friend to you. I could much enjoy this from you see I like girls girls. Not an intention mine of yours to see man cheeks only, but ours is a tour of enlightenment and which I will too enjoy men's sportswear and conditioning spandex.

:confused: yep. :thumbsup:
We very friendly at university. Many funtime girls and guys.
Fun! Kids laugh. Play many games.

thegame":2bzhvrhl said:
Just out of the camera's range in that pic is the other integral part of Mick's rig :

cobecnt3d1.jpg

Its his Live Wire :D

steve_k":2bzhvrhl said:
Mick's tech must have been ready for the asylum keeping up with all this....

srigsmall_zps7fce9632.jpg
I couldn't help but laugh :D

Saw them live the other night. I think it's been about 20 years since I saw them last!!!

They sounded great!

Mick was using what looked like the 1960AHW cabs on stage.

That can't be the Girls Girls Girls rig. A) I distinctly remember a Bogner and B) those Monster Rack units didn't exist yet.

Back