Mt15 opinions?

the rossness

I was playing around with PRS MT15 profiles on my kemper and it seems like a pretty cool amp. I kind of feel like its the missing link between a Splawn QR and Nitro. At least that’s the vibe I get. What’s everyone’s experience been and opinion on the amp?

i think it was the first tube amp on reverbs best selling amp list of the year, people must be digging them

I was playing around with PRS MT15 profiles on my kemper and it seems like a pretty cool amp. I kind of feel like its the missing link between a Splawn QR and Nitro. At least that’s the vibe I get. What’s everyone’s experience been and opinion on the amp?

I made a bunch of profiles of mine that I believe are still on the rig exchange. Loved that amp.

I had when 1st came out and didn't last too long.

It was ok, dark as mentioned. Volume taper not great from what I remember.

Wasn't for me, so off it went.
This is about the same opinion I had, it could do clean and it could do the real high gain but couldn't really pull off a good mid and low gain in my opinion. I like the amp I don't want to give the wrong opinion I did not dislike it it just wasn't for me.

I bought one due to peoples claims of it sounding like a cross between an Uberschall and Recto. I found that to be false. It does sort of remind me of a rectifier but it was still a false claim. Super loud amp. I sold it but if I was in the market for a lunchbox, I would go the EVH LBX route. That amp smokes the MT15 IMO.

I had when 1st came out and didn't last too long.

It was ok, dark as mentioned. Volume taper not great from what I remember.

Wasn't for me, so off it went.
Agreed.... that's why I did a 100 watt toaster lol it destroys! That's is small as I go .... pretty much same size as the mt15, has 1979 jmp 100 transformers .... it's currently wired with a tube loop , aldrich channel and a simple clean channel .... thing is so cool , can use as a pedal platform or regular amp.

I tried all the small portable power amps , wasn't happy with any of them while playing with my band. That's why I ended up making this....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221118_153824_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20221118_153824_Photos.jpg
    667.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20221118_153805_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20221118_153805_Photos.jpg
    716.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back