My Sweetwater Rep.

  • Thread starter Thread starter klugster
  • Start date Start date
I fucking hated my old SW rep. He rarely called to thank me for orders. He'd go days without responding to my voicemails and emails.

I was planning a trip to Ft. Wayne for a performance and wanted to check out the showroom. I was interested in a bass as well and asked if my rep was going to be in town that particular weekend. No (that's fine), but he could get the bass ready for me. Awesome.

I asked for a discount. And he said no. He didn't come back with a, "I can't go that low, but I can do this," he just said no.

So I asked for my friend's rep's name and number, called him, got the discount and asked if he could be my rep from now on. He is.

Fuck Max.
 
The pack of candy SW sends with each delivery looks like from the 1980s. Tastes like it too.
 
This is what's great about Guitar Center, MF, Zzounds and Mom and Pops.....


They aren't SweetWater *_*
 
My sweetwater rep may have a crush on me. He calls me nonstop and I just forward his phone calls. I haven't ordered anything from them in 15 years
 
I fucking hated my old SW rep. He rarely called to thank me for orders. He'd go days without responding to my voicemails and emails.

I was planning a trip to Ft. Wayne for a performance and wanted to check out the showroom. I was interested in a bass as well and asked if my rep was going to be in town that particular weekend. No (that's fine), but he could get the bass ready for me. Awesome.

I asked for a discount. And he said no. He didn't come back with a, "I can't go that low, but I can do this," he just said no.

So I asked for my friend's rep's name and number, called him, got the discount and asked if he could be my rep from now on. He is.

Fuck Max.
Yeah I got 4 different prices on the same thing. It’s like they’re just making up crap. DM me your guy’s name and maybe I’ll work through someone’s else
 
My original SW rep was pretty cool. Recently was notified that I had a new one. The new guy hooked me up today so he is OK so far.
 
My sweetwater rep may have a crush on me. He calls me nonstop and I just forward his phone calls. I haven't ordered anything from them in 15 years
Dudes gonna send you a message through your TV while you're watching football if you dont answer soon. "Hey Smash, how are those strings doing that you bought in 2011?"
 
Dudes gonna send you a message through your TV while you're watching football if you dont answer soon. "Hey Smash, how are those strings doing that you bought in 2011?"
Listen. I hear all these people say their rep ignores them. I am thinking of opening a member classified for my rep's number. It will go to the highest bidder.
 
Somedays I think my Sweetwater Rep dont give two fucks about me. We have had multiple conversations about multiple items, and I would probably have bought every one of them, but I dont get reciprocation. We discussed a new noise gate, then he went dark, pickups for my Les Paul, then he went dark, boss es5, yup you guessed it..dark. not saying i have tons of money to spend, but i have a zero interest SW card. You would think after $3-4k in the last year and a half i would get a little more attention. Is a SW rep like a realtor, can you just move on, or are you stuck for life. Rant Over.
You sound needy bro.... What is there to discuss? You have forums, youtube, reviews, etc. Respectfully, $3-4K ain't much considering the prices of single higher end guitars and amps. Am I saying you should be ignored? Absolutely not... but forgive him if he doesn't roll out the red carpet for $50-100 in commission off you in the last year... ymmv
 
sweetwater was incredibly confusing. I dropped serious cash my first sweetwater purchase, engl e670. Thought they just called me because it was a big purchase or they wanted to sell me an extended warranty. Didnt realize I "had a rep" and unfortunately a useless one. I had every intention of getting a cab, mics etc. But they lost those sales.

Guitar center had a thing for a while. It was really off putting. I was on their website, put something in my cart (not yet logged in). I get a call same day to chat about it. I emailed some questions but never heard back.

Its a good idea but yeah I havent had best of luck.
 
You sound needy bro.... What is there to discuss? You have forums, youtube, reviews, etc. Respectfully, $3-4K ain't much considering the prices of single higher end guitars and amps. Am I saying you should be ignored? Absolutely not... but forgive him if he doesn't roll out the red carpet for $50-100 in commission off you in the last year... ymmv
Ehhh I disagree. Why would I not want to discuss the products with the person I'm buying from? That was 3-4k from Sweetwater, he missed out on the other 4k I spent elsewhere. Don't need the red carpet, but literally just stopped emailing/messaging in the middle of the conversation, to me, thats just bad business.
 
Ehhh I disagree. Why would I not want to discuss the products with the person I'm buying from? That was 3-4k from Sweetwater, he missed out on the other 4k I spent elsewhere. Don't need the red carpet, but literally just stopped emailing/messaging in the middle of the conversation, to me, thats just bad business.
100% Agree... but how many calls/emails do you think they get a day? I'm in sales/service and I'm with you, but I'd never assume a salesman is TRULY going to steer me in the right direction if I know the guy has given me poor service multiple times.... Once the dude ghosted you 1-2x... shame on him. After that, shame on you.

Request a new salesman, shop elsewhere etc. Your business is important and I'm assuming you work for your money... Vote with the wallet brother.

I can't speak for the Sweetwater rep as I haven't done much with them but they're there to make $$$. If you're hunting a pedal and the one you're describing they don't sell you really think he's talking himself out of a sale? More than once? I wouldn't stake my purchases on a guys opinion that can only have so much product. I'm asking here, listening to clips, reviews etc. We aren't talking about "I don't like the color"... or "This fits a little tighter"... Music/tone is a very different animal as you know.
 
Back
Top