NAD!!! VHX!!

stlnvet

Despite FedEx's best efforts to return it to Sweetwater, I picked up my VHX/Columbus today! Only thing...EL34s?? I thought they had KT77s (hell, Sweetwater even said 6L6). Also, did an actual person really sign it?

Diezel VHX 2.jpgDiezel VHX 4.jpgDiezel VHX 3.jpgDiezel VHX 5.jpgDiezel VHX 1.jpg

Congrats!!!!

Enjoy it, having a Herbert i dont feel the need to upgrade at all, although i havent played a VHX yet.

EL34, thats my preffered tube in the Herbert.

The person that worked on that amp sighned it, so yes.

Congrats on your new VHX!

I've seen a lot with VHX Power tubes.
First VHX I received had KT77s, sounded amazing, but the Pre-Loop didn't work, so I returned it.
Second VHX came from Fed Ex with a hole punched in the side, scratching the faceplate, so I returned it.
Third VHX came with 6L6STR Tubes, and I tried to like them, but I returned it.
Fourth VHX came with KT77s, and I love my VHX!!!

You can actually put any tubes you like in the VHX: 6L6, EL34, KT77,
as long as you bias for the particular tubes.
Factory bias for my KT77s was an average of 35.2 mA (35.2, 33.2, 35.2, 38.7)

I can't figure out what that signature says either, but I love it!

Congrats! I hope you like your VHX as much I like mine! 🤘
After a few days with it, I've come to the conclusion that it has the potential to be the last amp I'll ever need (not that I won't buy more in the future :ROFLMAO: ). The sheer number of options is quite overwhelming, though!

I know there's a thread here for it, but does anyone know of any other places for some examples of settings?

I recently joined that group...I'll have to do some looking, thanks!
Can I make the assumption, based on your name, that you're a part of Diezel?

Congrabs and welcome to the club. Don't tweak too much and try Vintage mode. Hands down my fav so far.

I need to check and see which tubes I have.
Finally checked and I have KT77's in my VHX. Bought mine this year new from Chondro Guitars. BEST dealer and great discount and beat Sweetwaters used demo unit. If you join their FB Snakepit group they hook you up. :) (No I don't work for them... I just like supporting smaller stores)

Back