Never Thought I'd Turn Into A Tan Pants Marshall Guy...

anything popular on TGP is tan pants.
I never go there so I wouldn't know. I just know there are a bunch of morons there who think 12 watts is enough to keep up with a drummer. I've no doubt the lightweight weaklings they hire to play drums probably makes their claim a reality in their minds.
 
I never go there so I wouldn't know. I just know there are a bunch of morons there who think 12 watts is enough to keep up with a drummer. I've no doubt the lightweight weaklings they hire to play drums probably makes their claim a reality in their minds.
I don't go there either, but it's good to know what amps are tan pants, blooze lawyer/doctor/accountant amps so you can make better choices.

Friends don't let friends buy tan pants gear.

:D
 
I never go there so I wouldn't know. I just know there are a bunch of morons there who think 12 watts is enough to keep up with a drummer. I've no doubt the lightweight weaklings they hire to play drums probably makes their claim a reality in their minds.

Ok I want to make this very clear. My class 5 is loud enough to hang with any drummer...


when plugged into my powerstation!
 
If it makes you happy, I wouldn't worry if the tan pants brigade have similar rigs.

Gibsons and Marshalls are nobody's secret weapon in this day and age.

The differentiating factor between you or us versus them is always going to be the sonic pandemonium you can wring out of that iconic pairing.
 
One of my favorite all time recorded Marshall tones is Accept’s “Balls To The Wall”

Wolf Hoffmsnn playing his ‘83 Gibson V into a 59 Marshall Super Lead NMV boosted with an MXR Distortion +

Listen to how glorious this tone is


I couldn’t possibly agree with this any harder.
BTTW is one of the if not THE greatest metal guitar toan ever recorded. EVAR….
 
Making small amps sound huge is a lot of fun.
I have a 15 watt vintage Gibson-Maestro that is always on the fritz but sounds killer when it's working right. Pure breakup. Looks like a birds nest inside. My tech wouldn't touch it so I have to bring it to someone else eventually. I used it on some recordings about a decade ago and the engineer kept trying to trade more studio time for the amp, lol. He had 30 amps ranging from vintage Marshalls to Mad Professor heads and everything in between so I knew I better not make any deals. :LOL:
 
If you want those Slash Appetite tones you gotta fork over the $$$. :yes: :LOL:

Fortunately I bought one several years before Slash came on board. Kinda wish I'd gone with the Super 15, but the M80 wasn't that much more at the time, and I got a great deal on it, so I just went for the big boy.
 
While this thread is just getting going...Based on the opinions expressed thus far, it appears that I may escape the tan pants categorization with my Gibson + dual Marshalls rig.
IDK man.....guessing by the hardwood floors, tan walls and art hanging you've got a pair of tan pants or two, but that's ok, no judging hahaha.....
 
Back
Top