NEW Celestion M Blackback Speaker Vid Comparison

From the clips it sounds liken they’re throatier than the regular g12m. Not sure if it’s just a change in the cone. It seems the usual YT dump has happened on promoting so hopefully there will be some more clips that help.

I think it's the 55Hz cone.

But then again, back when I was buying IRs, the 75Hz Blackback G12Ms do sound better than the regular G12Ms to me as well lol
 
I think it's the 55Hz cone.

But then again, back when I was buying IRs, the 75Hz Blackback G12Ms do sound better than the regular G12Ms to me as well lol
I don’t really get why they did the 55hz on this as this speaker was getting into that harder rock of the 70’s. When I emailed Celestion about 75hz Heritage 30’s, if they were planning to do a black back G12H30, they said not currently.
 
Based on these clips, I prefer the Scumback blackback copies better. Maybe after break in they'd be better?
 
Finally listened to it. They sound pretty good but not amazing. Definitely lacking the open airiness of the originals, which is very typical of Celestion reissue speakers (e.g Heritage G12-65).
People going on about the G12-65 is the Back in Black speaker but every clip I’ve heard of it (heritage) sounds like dog shit. Must be a case of original version or nothing.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top