New Greta Van Zeeplin

  • Thread starter Thread starter rsm
  • Start date Start date
The fact that this is what passes for critically acclaimed modern rock music is really depressing

They honest to god sound like an annoying, pretentious opening band at a local punk show

I wonder whos dad is an industry executive?
Agreed
 
Weird mount of hate for some teenagers who actually play an instrument these days.

Here's the actual song....


Not my favorite of theirs, but not a bad song.

To be fair I thought @DanTravis62 was unusually fair in his critique, and he’s TOUGH.

They are an actual band, I’ve seen them and they are entertaining. The last few times I tuned in tho it was awful 3 chord ballad shit which turned me off. Lemme check this out
 
I listened to the Play your Games song and as long as you can handle some screeching it wasn’t bad. Ridiculously derivative but ok for today’s standards (none). That Saw song I lasted about 30 seconds, f no.
 
The fact that this is what passes for critically acclaimed modern rock music is really depressing

They honest to god sound like an annoying, pretentious opening band at a local punk show

I wonder whos dad is an industry executive?
I think people are starving for guitar and rock and roll and people doing music that is not so deep that it is depressing.
 
I think people are starving for guitar and rock and roll and people doing music that is not so deep that it is depressing.

I get the appeal of this at least in the early video even if it isn't for me

A bunch of teenagers playing My First Classic Rock™ while LARPing as led zep - of course that's gonna appeal to older guitar people especially.

"See look, the kids are gonna be alright!" While overlooking the lack of originality or even chops. I can understand that.

But the later music that is basically unlistenable kirkland signature mars volta without the complexity or melody is just plain exhausting to listen to.

Like they think it's a bold artistic choice to hit that obnoxious, off rhythm vibrato high note at the 23 second mark of the "saw" song. But it's not an artistic choice - if it was, he would have done that at the climax of the song. He was doing it as an affectation.

Yes, obviously people must be starving because a lot of this comes off as insincere and kind of predatory.

Like an Indian scammer telling your mom she has a charge on her Amazon prime account, only it's a "new led zeppelin" so buy into it boomers!
 
Back
Top