New HIGH Gain Amp Content & 2 Cameo vids (NYAS)

Robotechnology

I went to the New York Amp Show on the Sunday. I enjoyed myself during the ampshow. I met some new acquaintances and reconnected with some old ones.

Honorable mention goes to:

Dynamo Amps

You high gain guys NEED to check out his M50x. VERY good sounding high gainer for under $2K if I'm not mistaken. Rediculous gain plus clarity.

My fave of Irvin's amps was the GTS. I can hang with it. Pretty versatile amp and I love KT88's! It had an Ultra-Lead ish type flavor (but, didn't sound like a VHT/Fryette). Very Hi-Fi sounding and clear and defined regardless of the gain settings. No bottom end woof/boominess.

Far East Electric

I came home with one of Mr. Honda's pedals because I HAD TO HAVE it. He has a LOT of pedals and it's unfortunate that Far East Electric doesn't really have any stateside dealers (that I know of at least). Lots of different overdrive/fuzz/distortion flavors and very cool people. Unique looking pedals too (made out of Korean rice bowls if you can believe it!). I'll be making a video or two with my Far East Electric pedal!

VVT

I really liked the X-Model. Really small head with SINGING violin type tones at a great price ($1,249)! Might get one of these.

Fractal Audio

As always Cliff and Matt are the best! This time around I played the II and had no desire whatsoever to have them plug into Cliff's Mesa 4X12 and power amp instead of the monitors they normally demo it with. The speaker sims are improved. Matt also told me that you now have tone matching for the cab section as well (not just for the amp!) which I can't wait to hear in practice. I think it's evolved to where I need to have one in my arsenal.

Carol Ann

WOW! The Triptik and the Trip-R are right up my alley. If I had a spare $3K burning a hole in my pocket I'd have come home with one. Think the BEST Boogie Mark IIC+/III/IV tones you ever heard but, with no mush on the bottom end and you'll be on the right track. Seriously glorious lead tones, happening Marshallesque crunch and nice cleans too.

That's all I can remember for now.

Yeah, I basically didn't take it off the whole time I was there because the Fractal guys were nice enough to let me keep the case in there room while I roamed around. Shame we passed by eachother but, didn't know we were rigtalk brothers though.

Robotechnology":2mcmn71p said:
Carol Ann

WOW! The Triptik and the Trip-R are right up my alley. If I had a spare $3K burning a hole in my pocket I'd have come home with one. Think the BEST Boogie Mark IIC+/III/IV tones you ever heard but, with no mush on the bottom end and you'll be on the right track. Seriously glorious lead tones, happening Marshallesque crunch and nice cleans too.

You have my attention. Which model, or do both, have the Boogie lead tones with the Marshall crunch tones?

Both. Alan was nice enough to swap the Alesis effects unit to the Trip R that he had on the Triptik for a proper A/B. The difference is really in the volume you're going to be running the power section under your normal use. If you can use the volume, the Triptik. If you can't, the Trip R. I liked the Triptik more but, only slightly (and that's subjective). The 50 watt version might be the move.

yngzaklynch":2x4u48yj said:
Robotechnology":2x4u48yj said:
Carol Ann

You have my attention. Which model, or do both, have the Boogie lead tones with the Marshall crunch tones?

Robotechnology":2tdc6r68 said:
Both. Alan was nice enough to swap the Alesis effects unit to the Trip R that he had on the Triptik for a proper A/B. The difference is really in the volume you're going to be running the power section under your normal use. If you can use the volume, the Triptik. If you can't, the Trip R. I liked the Triptik more but, only slightly (and that's subjective). The 50 watt version might be the move.

yngzaklynch":2tdc6r68 said:
Robotechnology":2tdc6r68 said:
Carol Ann

So one is50watts and the other 100w?

Triptik is available 50 and 100 watts (2 EL34's or 4 EL34's). Trip R is I think 35 watts (not sure of the power tube section).

Those Carol-Ann amps were very impressive for me as well. sounded fantastic and extremely touch sensitive!!! There were countless great tones coming from those amps.

Glad you had a great time Ivan, yeah the CA stuff is something I would love to own someday :thumbsup:

We need to get in touch, are you in the same business?

Digital Jams":1fs3fxkr said:
Glad you had a great time Ivan, yeah the CA stuff is something I would love to own someday :thumbsup:

We need to get in touch, are you in the same business?

Yes I am. I sent you PM a couple of weeks ago telling you I didn't have your number any more. Call me!

Back