New Plectrum Day

  • Thread starter Thread starter Simon Dorn
  • Start date Start date
Simon Dorn

Simon Dorn

Well-known member
I used the blue ones for a long time, but they always felt a little thin. Now i switched to the purple ones. Much sexier. lol
Thomann stopped listing the blue ones for whatever reason. Now i'm kinda glad they did. They sound and feel different but due to the same shape and size i got used to them very fast. Plectrums Matter. lol
DSC_0457.JPG
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0455.JPG
    DSC_0455.JPG
    775.9 KB · Views: 3
Yes, Triangles. Since like forever. Anything thicker than Extra-Heavy is too thick for me though.
I found the 3.0mm too thick and the 1.0 mm too thin. The 2mm were just right for me. Your selection is excellent IMO since they have the grippy dust on them. Those were among a handful of others I would've selected though I wasn't aware they made triangle versions The stubby's have a rough texture in the center. Regardless I'm a banjo picks abuser full time since 2015 now...
 
Been using the "standard shape" version of those 2 forever!
100% purple for electrics and sometimes blue for acoustics.
 
Since I can no longer buy pointless picks, I tried a bunch of new picks recently.

I got a Dunlop shred pick variety pack and a Petrucci variety pack.

I like the Dunlop Nylon standard 1.0MM

however, I still prefer Fender 351 Mediums. I turn the pick sideways and use one of the rounded rear corners instead of the tip.
 
Since I can no longer buy pointless picks, I tried a bunch of new picks recently.

I got a Dunlop shred pick variety pack and a Petrucci variety pack.

I like the Dunlop Nylon standard 1.0MM

however, I still prefer Fender 351 Mediums. I turn the pick sideways and use one of the rounded rear corners instead of the tip.
You need banjo picks to round out your collection. Golden Gate bro.:cheers:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: rsm
meh, Fender mediums are cheap, and come in lots of colors.
It's pretty much the only thing your collection is lacking. I guess with that badittude you won't be getting those Freddie toanz through your super twin anytime soon. :LOL:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: rsm
I found the 3.0mm too thick and the 1.0 mm too thin. The 2mm were just right for me. Your selection is excellent IMO since they have the grippy dust on them. Those were among a handful of others I would've selected though I wasn't aware they made triangle versions The stubby's have a rough texture in the center. Regardless I'm a banjo picks abuser full time since 2015 now...
Yes, they are good. Not much Triangles on the market. There's the Fender and the Gibson Wedges i think they call them but i don't like the celluloid much. I had to get used the the Tortex first when i started using the blue ones. The pink ones last longer, they don't wear as fast as the others, what surprised me a bit, since they are only 0,14mm thicker.
Banjo Picks? Something like this?
1791055585396.png
1791055585396.png
 
Since I can no longer buy pointless picks, I tried a bunch of new picks recently.

I got a Dunlop shred pick variety pack and a Petrucci variety pack.

I like the Dunlop Nylon standard 1.0MM

however, I still prefer Fender 351 Mediums. I turn the pick sideways and use one of the rounded rear corners instead of the tip.
Interesting. The Nylon Picks last very long.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rsm
Been using the "standard shape" version of those 2 forever!
100% purple for electrics and sometimes blue for acoustics.
Yes, they are nice. And in the 72Pcs-Pack still affordable. But they doubled in price too, since i started using them.
 
Yes, they are good. Not much Triangles on the market. There's the Fender and the Gibson Wedges i think they call them but i don't like the celluloid much. I had to get used the the Tortex first when i started using the blue ones. The pink ones last longer, they don't wear as fast as the others, what surprised me a bit, since they are only 0,14mm thicker.
Banjo Picks? Something like this? View attachment 461625View attachment 461625
I know Santana uses the celluloid Fender triangle. Tbh you are the only guy besides myself I've seen using triangles. The selection is better nowadays since there are more makers out there making a wider range of shapes. I've seen some interesting beveled triangles the past few years....

Those are the banjo picks. Not sure how or why D'Addario acquired the National name. I use the nickel silver ones, NP-2. Seems like most of what's being sold now is the stainless steel. The nickel silver ones ring like a little bell if you drop them on a hard surface. I can get several thousand hours of play time on a single pick before the edge is rolled over too hard and starts to snag a little. I think I've used one pick for the last four years, lol.

For the thumb pick I like golden gate rather than the dunlop ones. They fit better out the box. Something I discovered living in Nashville since the only people who use them are banjo players, finger pickers, and pedal steel guitarists so you don't find them in the usual music shop...
 
I know Santana uses the celluloid Fender triangle. Tbh you are the only guy besides myself I've seen using triangles.
Santana? Interesting. I think i've seen Kerry King on Posters with the Plecs placed between the Strings on the Headstock Guess he inspired me to use them. 😅
Never used a Banjo Pick. Maybe i did put one on. But i can't remember exactly.
 
Santana? Interesting. I think i've seen Kerry King on Posters with the Plecs placed between the Strings on the Headstock Guess he inspired me to use them. 😅
Never used a Banjo Pick. Maybe i did put one on. But i can't remember exactly.
1791059999788.png


I liked the triangles cause regular picks would rotate and I'd find myself picking on the rounded edge. With a triangle I can more easily get it back to a point. Plus, 3 picks for the price of one, LOL.
 

Similar threads

BlueParfait
Replies
66
Views
2K
mentoneman
mentoneman
Music&Chaos
Replies
9
Views
303
Music&Chaos
Music&Chaos
cobrahead1030
Replies
7
Views
726
Music&Chaos
Music&Chaos
Back
Top