New Plectrum Day

  • Thread starter Thread starter Simon Dorn
  • Start date Start date
Since I can no longer buy pointless picks, I tried a bunch of new picks recently.

I got a Dunlop shred pick variety pack and a Petrucci variety pack.

I like the Dunlop Nylon standard 1.0MM

however, I still prefer Fender 351 Mediums. I turn the pick sideways and use one of the rounded rear corners instead of the tip.
Why can’t you buy pointless picks?
 
Why can’t you buy pointless picks?
they went out of business a many years ago. they're hard to find; I remember someone selling a single pick and asking $30 for it. SMH.

I was going to try to make my own with thin plastic sheets and a hole saw drill attachment or circle cutter, but I compared a regular Fender pick which fits into the pointless pick almost perfectly, and noticed the rounded edges of the back of the Fender pick is almost the same curve as the pointless. So I tried using that rounded edge of the Fender pick, holding the pick almost sideways and it's very close.

I mentioned above that's how I hold a standard common Fender medium pick; that's why.
 
Bought a bunch of different picks from stringsandbeyond.com a couple weeks ago.
cehdENZ.jpeg


Seems
 
they went out of business a many years ago. they're hard to find; I remember someone selling a single pick and asking $30 for it. SMH.

I was going to try to make my own with thin plastic sheets and a hole saw drill attachment or circle cutter, but I compared a regular Fender pick which fits into the pointless pick almost perfectly, and noticed the rounded edges of the back of the Fender pick is almost the same curve as the pointless. So I tried using that rounded edge of the Fender pick, holding the pick almost sideways and it's very close.

I mentioned above that's how I hold a standard common Fender medium pick; that's why.
TIL a brand selling round picks existed.

I though you meant less pointy picks and was like “was it a new year resolution not to buys them?” lol

Is it comfortable to riff with something like that? Can’t imagine fast tight chops that way.
 
TIL a brand selling round picks existed.

I though you meant less pointy picks and was like “was it a new year resolution not to buys them?” lol

Is it comfortable to riff with something like that? Can’t imagine fast tight chops that way.

no, they worked really well once you get used to them:

Pointless Picks - Tina's Pick Collection
 

Similar threads

BlueParfait
Replies
66
Views
2K
mentoneman
mentoneman
Music&Chaos
Replies
9
Views
303
Music&Chaos
Music&Chaos
cobrahead1030
Replies
7
Views
726
Music&Chaos
Music&Chaos
Back
Top