NGD concept Rhoads

ClintN667

I got my Rhoads concept series on Tuesday and have been playing around for the past couple days.

It's made in Korea with an EMG 81 and afterburner gain boost. Stainless frets, luminlay side dots and Floyd 1000.

Gotta say it's a damn good guitar. Everyone says it looks like an Alex Laiho sig which I never really listened to him so that really didn't affect my choice either way. But fit and finish is pretty much perfect. I haven't noticed any negatives. I'm not a fan of EMG's or actives but I wanted a guitar that was unique in my stable and this fits that requirement.

I grabbed this from Zjon's guitar store in the Netherlands https://zjonsguitarstore.nl/

I can't praise this store enough. They were the first place that I got a custom from and honestly if it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't have ever bought a custom. My first one was a Mayones Regius and I just had to put a small down payment and their price came in cheaper than the places in the U.S. These days if I'm going to buy a guitar it's either coming from them or from Chubtone. If you are in the market for a Mayones Custom give them a try. They always pack some additional SWAG that is a lot better than packs of smarties.

Attachments

• 20240514_135719.jpg
    20240514_135719.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 71
Unrelated but I have always wanted to know how much Randy played the Jacksons. Did he have them at Blizzard or for the Diary Tour? I think the mainstay was that gold LP and then the polkadot V was used less because i believe he had tuning issues with the non locking trem.

Unrelated but I have always wanted to know how much Randy played the Jacksons. Did he have them at Blizzard or for the Diary Tour? I think the mainstay was that gold LP and then the polkadot V was used less because i believe he had tuning issues with the non locking trem.
It was a White les paul not gold. Technically he used the Concorde on part of the US leg of the Blizzard tour because they were playing songs off of Diary on that tour. the Diary tour started late 81 .. the concert that Tribute was taken from was in July 81 and they played 2 Diary songs on that but the album wasn't released until late 81 and the Jackson is on that recording

Congrats & enjoy!

Rhoads are my fav guitars for floating trems.

I had a Snow White Concorde I recently sold

Randy used the Les Paul for the bulk of the set. The Polka Dot V was used for Mr. Crowley and Suicide Solution, the two songs off Blizzard that used a trem. The Jackson Concorde was tuned down to Eb and used for the Diary of a Madman songs.

It was a White les paul not gold. Technically he used the Concorde on part of the US leg of the Blizzard tour because they were playing songs off of Diary on that tour. the Diary tour started late 81 .. the concert that Tribute was taken from was in July 81 and they played 2 Diary songs on that but the album wasn't released until late 81 and the Jackson is on that recording

Sorry, I don't know why I said " Gold" , I was thinking white that turned that ivory/yellow color over time. Either way it is an intriguing guitar.. I have always wanted a polka dot V but I have an Edwards Schenker V and it is annoying to play seated. Kind of turns me off the V thing though standing, it's a cool look,

Sorry, I don't know why I said " Gold" , I was thinking white that turned that ivory/yellow color over time. Either way it is an intriguing guitar.. I have always wanted a polka dot V but I have an Edwards Schenker V and it is annoying to play seated. Kind of turns me off the V thing though standing, it's a cool look,
yeah the sitting thing can be an issue because it makes you actually sit properly haha .. that's why I have stats as well, they are for sitting on the couch lol

Back