Pickup issue

JTyson

So my buddy got an SG, When his hand is close to the bridge pickup (all the time) it makes a weird squealing noise. Never run into this before, anybody ever run into this?
The pickups are supposedly stock, obviously we will change it out if needed, just wondering what could cause this
Thanks

JTyson":m220fppz said:
So my buddy got an SG, When his hand is close to the bridge pickup (all the time) it makes a weird squealing noise. Never run into this before, anybody ever run into this?
The pickups are supposedly stock, obviously we will change it out if needed, just wondering what could cause this
Thanks
Remove the cover, place some electrical tape (or other) between the cover the pickup, re-solder the cover. Removing the cover is best.

Does it squeal when palm muted?
Has he tried lowering the pup?
Is he wearing a funky mood ring or apple watch?
Can't speak to the tape thing but coverless is good.

stanz":2qizh4wn said:
JTyson":2qizh4wn said:
Thanks
Remove the cover, place some electrical tape (or other) between the cover the pickup, re-solder the cover. Removing the cover is best.
And when you do this make sure the cover is down tight before soldering. It’s a good idea to use a clamp on it.

JTyson":1yttq806 said:
Thanks
Only time this happened to me, I found some posts on another forum that talked about the wax needing to be re-flowed again...the trick was using a hair dryer over the pickup for just a short time...worked perfectly.

Back