Please update me on the past year of amplifiers

I haven't kept up with guitar gear for over a year. Every now and then I catch ear of something here and there but just haven't had the time or money to bother getting interested. Last thing I heard about was the Quad Cortex modeler but when I researched it, the general consensus seemed to be that it's quite good in some respects but not good enough to supplant the 2 kings Kemper and Fractal. It appears also that recent inflation has turned the guitar industry to ludicrous pricing. Last time I was looking at a brand new Mesa Dual Rectifier just a couple of years ago for $1899, now about $2300.

There were some exciting things I last remember like the EVH Stealth 50w, Diezel Mini, and so on but haven't been able to follow up on much. So, what has been the latest and greatest? What gear looks promising these days? What has been your latest GAS?

ClintN667

My G.A.S. on amps has been tanked thanks to the Quad Cortex. I am G.A.S.n for the Monomyth Skeleton Key(which I've already put a deposit down) and Im getting a KSR Ares to replace the Orthos I sold last year. Other than that I'm really content. I bought a Mayones Regius and a Gibson LP Classic which has been really satisfying my guitar lust as well. I have an Aviator custom super strat coming in about 2-3 months and thats going to do it for me until my Mayones Duvell custom is finished.

The Omega and Driftwood stuff still has my interest but I am a long way from even tempted to pull the trigger on either.

IowaMike

I haven't kept up with guitar gear for over a year. Every now and then I catch ear of something here and there but just haven't had the time or money to bother getting interested. Last thing I heard about was the Quad Cortex modeler but when I researched it, the general consensus seemed to be that it's quite good in some respects but not good enough to supplant the 2 kings Kemper and Fractal. It appears also that recent inflation has turned the guitar industry to ludicrous pricing. Last time I was looking at a brand new Mesa Dual Rectifier just a couple of years ago for $1899, now about $2300.

There were some exciting things I last remember like the EVH Stealth 50w, Diezel Mini, and so on but haven't been able to follow up on much. So, what has been the latest and greatest? What gear looks promising these days? What has been your latest GAS?
In case you didn't see it, Marshall came out with Studio versions of their Plexi and JCM 800. They both carry EL-34s, which I personally view as an advantage over many other lower wattage offerings (6v6s and EL84s are common - not bad, but different).

You will also find a lot of Amps starting to carry Direct Line-Out ports for mic-free stage setup. These can be super convenient, but you still need the cab for amp load.

I'm also seeing a lot of advertising for Victory Amps. They appear to be gaining respect from many.

Deleted member 26052

Monomyth Amplification

hellzington

Friedman came out with the Twin Sister. It's basically a 2-channel Dirty Shirley with a three-way gain structure switch, a bright switch, and a global presence and deep control. I bought one in May. While it took me awhile to warm up to it (I was coming to the TS by way of a Smallbox, very different amp), it's become my favorite amp for guitars with lower output pickups. It also takes boosts exceptionally well (even moreso than the Smallbox), so you can get a ton of different gain structures. It's a great amp for all your '60s through '80s tones or anything else where you just want a kickass rock and roll sound. I dig it.