question for john about pro m1 felling stiff and rigid

nighttrain69

first of let me say, its a really great feeling guitar in my hands, you just feel the build quality..and everything john puts his name on is top notch..so i dont know if its just me but ,i picked up a pro m1 (used ) and it seems rigid and stiff to play..im loving the tone of the guitar ,just wish it was easier to play..i hope this doesnt come off negative , i didnt know if i should talk to john personally via pm, or what..

Best thing to do is call Suhr directly. (951)471-2334 Tues-Friday 9-5

All I play are Suhr Pro Series. I would imagine your M1 came with 10's. You might try swapping out for 009's. Also, if you still have the original strings on there (most likely Elixir strings), you might just swap out for a new set of strings, that can make a big difference in tone and feel.

nighttrain69":brb5ogkp said:
first of let me say, its a really great feeling guitar in my hands, you just feel the build quality..and everything john puts his name on is top notch..so i dont know if its just me but ,i picked up a pro m1 (used ) and it seems rigid and stiff to play..im loving the tone of the guitar ,just wish it was easier to play..i hope this doesnt come off negative , i didnt know if i should talk to john personally via pm, or what..

No magic there. If you use a string tree the E and B will loosen up at the expense of tuning stability.
Other thing you can do is raise the bridge saddles and lower the bridge plate.
What you should do is email tech support and we can guide you or help you with it :rock:

thank you guys, :rock:
ill talk to tech support today, because id really love to make it my main fiddle..and again kudos john on building damn fine guitars and products.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: on taking the time to reply

SLOgriff":1f181mmp said:
Best thing to do is call Suhr directly. (951)471-2334 Tues-Friday 9-5

All I play are Suhr Pro Series. I would imagine your M1 came with 10's. You might try swapping out for 009's. Also, if you still have the original strings on there (most likely Elixir strings), you might just swap out for a new set of strings, that can make a big difference in tone and feel.
thanks ive been thinking about that myself, for over 15 years all ive used is 10 0r 11s ..i love elixers ,but i know they feel thicker ,so possibly trying a different brand first, then trying 9s..ill do the best thing first, call suhr :D

Back