Reverb sold prices

That is absolutely insane! I didn’t realize that’s how they calculated the sold price. So when you go to list an item for sale and they give you a range that it’s been sold in, is that number accurate? Or is that range calculating listing prices?

The sold listing still shows the original asking price. Can anyone confirm if you see the same thing on a recent purchase or sale? I wonder if it's consistent across all variables like category, new/used, price range, US or international etc.
I just checked a speaker I sold a few months ago, a 1992 Marshall Vintage, and it shows the asking price too, not what it sold for.

I just checked a speaker I sold a few months ago, a 1992 Marshall Vintage, and it shows the asking price too, not what it sold for.
Ok cool, thanks. What a dumb system.

That is absolutely insane! I didn’t realize that’s how they calculated the sold price. So when you go to list an item for sale and they give you a range that it’s been sold in, is that number accurate? Or is that range calculating listing prices?
No idea about the ranges, and still not sure about that transaction history page. I think that's useful for finding a popular/very common product that has a lot of sales. On rarer or older things, I don't think you get any useful info other there, so the individual item page comes into play... which may or may not show a price significantly more than the sell price.

I think it's getting under my skin because I'm seeing "it sells for $x on Reverb" on increasingly more items outside of Reverb that are way overpriced. Yeah I know it's the sellers item, and they can ask what they want - but I don't think their perception being skewed by this issue is at all helpful in the long run.

Back