RIP: Hamer Guitars

Death by Uberschall":29gp203y said:
JTyson":29gp203y said:
DBU's got a killer group of Californians that make me tear up when I see them :cry:

Guitar%2520pics%2520013.jpg

Guitar%2520pics%2520014.jpg

Guitar%2520pics%2520021.jpg

:cry:

The necks are pieces of art!!! The Aztec Gold's neck plays perfectly at 3/32 off the frets, the Amber's neck plays perfectly at 2/32 off the frets. Unreal how well they are built and play. All of mine were made when Hamer owned Hamer, I had an endorsement with them right before the moved their production facility. When they told me they wouldn't build anymore USA Californians, I lost interest in them and moved on.
:cry: :cry:
:D

JTyson":1jeniv6o said:
Death by Uberschall":1jeniv6o said:
JTyson":1jeniv6o said:
DBU's got a killer group of Californians that make me tear up when I see them :cry:

Guitar%2520pics%2520013.jpg

Guitar%2520pics%2520014.jpg

Guitar%2520pics%2520021.jpg

:cry:

The necks are pieces of art!!! The Aztec Gold's neck plays perfectly at 3/32 off the frets, the Amber's neck plays perfectly at 2/32 off the frets. Unreal how well they are built and play. All of mine were made when Hamer owned Hamer, I had an endorsement with them right before the moved their production facility. When they told me they wouldn't build anymore USA Californians, I lost interest in them and moved on.
:cry: :cry:

Devin":1n0zp21u said:
It is a shame, but I think it's been a long time coming. They sort of had this "we build what we want, not what you want" attitude going the last few years (unless of course you wanted to pay the astronomical price of a full one-off custom).

My Hamers are my favorite guitars ever (especially my Californian) :inlove:

4e6e31f4.jpg

306cfb18.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

Gorgy Calis! LOVE 'em!

Nothing says "awesome" like more than 24 frets on a guitar! My EC Washburns don't even get a touching any more as how many 29+ fret guitars are there now? One Ibby, and ESP has a 27 fret #.

Derek

Viesczy":20hknmm8 said:
Devin":20hknmm8 said:
It is a shame, but I think it's been a long time coming. They sort of had this "we build what we want, not what you want" attitude going the last few years (unless of course you wanted to pay the astronomical price of a full one-off custom).

My Hamers are my favorite guitars ever (especially my Californian) :inlove:

Gorgy Calis! LOVE 'em!

Nothing says "awesome" like more than 24 frets on a guitar! My EC Washburns don't even get a touching any more as how many 29+ fret guitars are there now? One Ibby, and ESP has a 27 fret #.

Derek
You have an EC-29? I thought I was the only one...

Red (Magma) Crackle. I bought it new in 1988. It SCREAMS 80's Hair Metal :)

Back