Saw hirax and eyehategod last night

Dyllheaven88

They fucking killed it Hirax sounded fucking awesome and put on one hell of a show . Eyehategod brought the pain as well and again sounded heavy AF . That’s all.

Good to see there are Hirax fans out there. My friend, Jorge Iacobellis, was their drummer for a few years in early 2000's. I went on tour as part of the Hirax road crew for the Swedish Rock Festival in Solvesborg, Sweden in 2004. We took a 16 hour flight from L.A. to London on British Airways. They knew we were a rock band on our travels and kept us drunk on beers the whole flight. Great flight crew! I had a great time working with the band and got to see a lot of awesome rock & metal bands that I've never seen before perform at all 3 days of the festival. Judas Priest, Scorpions, and Europe headlined on different nights.

I will have to say that Swedish hotel rooms in Solvesborg are safe, clean, but small. The bed is a single size, small desk & chair, phone, and a window facing the court yard. They include a nice breakfast in their dining room with waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. The bathroom fixtures are tightly spaced, you bump into either the sink or tub when using the toilet, and it makes a Motel 6 hotel room look luxurious & roomy. The hotel that I stayed at also had WWII Nazi military gear displayed in the hallway.

Last edited:
Back