So NAM A2 is shitting all over everything and I'm here for it.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nigel
  • Start date Start date
This is how i do it. For practicing or when family is alseep, i can olay through headphones.

I really can't get near the enjoyment out of it as playing at volume though, so I end up moving on before long. I really need to sound proof my music room
8’s with a sub will give you the feels at low volume.

For analog, the Terror 15 and Brent Hinds with the bedroom switch give up the goods too, especially with a 16 ohm speaker. .5 watt ultra quiet, 1 watt more satisfying but louder.
 
This is how i do it. For practicing or when family is alseep, i can olay through headphones.

I really can't get near the enjoyment out of it as playing at volume though, so I end up moving on before long. I really need to sound proof my music room

Nigel's suggestion is good for software. You can get that shit sounding quite good if you have decent speakers.

I have my kemper in a rack with a cheap rocktron velocity SS power amp with my EV12L 1x12, and I use that when I need some real volume or just headphones - for the inbetween volumes though, it's not bad at all going through my hifi system with the IRs on though.

A subwoofer of some kind really helps with that
 
8’s with a sub will give you the feels at low volume.

For analog, the Terror 15 and Brent Hinds with the bedroom switch give up the goods too, especially with a 16 ohm speaker. .5 watt ultra quiet, 1 watt more satisfying but louder.
When i used to have my monitors, i liked the "quiet" playing a little more. But I really like playing loud most of the time. I am weird that way. I just don't like punishing people by practicing at that volume. And i obviously cant wake the house up at 4 am just because I feel the need.
 
Nigel's suggestion is good for software. You can get that shit sounding quite good if you have decent speakers.

I have my kemper in a rack with a cheap rocktron velocity SS power amp with my EV12L 1x12, and I use that when I need some real volume or just headphones - for the inbetween volumes though, it's not bad at all going through my hifi system with the IRs on though.

A subwoofer of some kind really helps with that
I really need to try reamping
 
When i used to have my monitors, i liked the "quiet" playing a little more. But I really like playing loud most of the time. I am weird that way. I just don't like punishing people by practicing at that volume. And i obviously cant wake the house up at 4 am just because I feel the need.
One killer combo is Focal Alpha 80’s with a Yamaha YST-SW150 at ear level between the Focals, pointing at you. Fills in the bottom octave below 40 where the Focals don’t go. That, quiet AND loud, gives the massive, spacious, powerful yet graceful and tasteful vibes.
 
This is how i do it. For practicing or when family is alseep, i can olay through headphones.

I really can't get near the enjoyment out of it as playing at volume though, so I end up moving on before long. I really need to sound proof my music room
Soundproofing a room is an absolute rabbit hole. I made a bunch of compromises so it isnt perfect, but I can push 90+ db in there without waking anyone up. Happy to help if you ever decide to go that route.
 
Soundproofing a room is an absolute rabbit hole. I made a bunch of compromises so it isnt perfect, but I can push 90+ db in there without waking anyone up. Happy to help if you ever decide to go that route.
I have worked in construction for 20+ years. While I know how to do it really well, laziness prevents me from doing it. Lol. It would take me a few days, but it would be a pain in the ass.
 
It's so fucking good, like my God, finally digital that gets it right.

Folks bitching about "Can't turn knobs!" need to stfu and gtfo...no need to tweak if it's setup right.

Can finally capture states of rigs that are on the verge of death from high bias/volume/red plating into oblivion and have that for 24/7 tone.

Talked to an old friend / Master amp creator/tech and he's about to go to a little place in the desert and do ALL of his legendary amps.

My captures of the mods/tweaks I do to his amps and others will be out there too.

I'm most happy for the broke kids that can get the tone for free so they can get on with playing instead of tinkering to oblivion.

What's your opinion on NAM A2?
Absolute best news this thing is. Very happy it got traction. May affordable tone be bestowed upon all those in need of it.

Hope it fucks up Neural DSP’s market. Greedy fucks. To this day gets me angry all these new plugins don’t come free with the $1800 device purchase.
 
Also I do believe it's magical thinking just like with anything else before it or any new thing that once you get XYZ now you're going to sound so much better and play that much better....


And XYZ was what one needed all along and it solves all their problems..... Okay sure.


The stuff is nice and it doesn't sound bad but I really think many are getting carried away with this stuff IMO......


Plus shit is free too or not sure how free because you still have to buy an Apple/Intel Laptop, interface, monitors etc etc with it and all this other shit to even use it properly and whats that like 1500 to 2000 dollars or more maybe 3,000$+ or not sure but yeah I'm buying and using real gear and stuff to hook up to real gear digital or analog :dunno:
Laptop is 600-700 bucks, and you anyway got to have one in todays world, so whole argument is wrong. You also need monitors/headphones with any other wondershit boxes out there.

Boils down to an interface, which is 300 more bucks for a good one. Still beats the shit boxes pricewise.
 
Laptop is 600-700 bucks, and you anyway got to have one in todays world, so whole argument is wrong. You also need monitors/headphones with any other wondershit boxes out there.

Boils down to an interface, which is 300 more bucks for a good one. Still beats the shit boxes pricewise.

I dont have one and in what world does one need a laptop in todays world.... With tablets or phones..... This isn't the 90s....


So that's what minimum 1000 dollars right there to get started on the cheap..... For me it just makes more sense to get a Headrush, Line 6 or Boss unit. Headrush has NAM A2 or whatever right.


Plus don't plan on buying one just for that or monitors or whatever else. It makes sense for people and it's practical of course if you already have this stuff. Haven't had a laptop since college and office computers ain't bad :dunno:
 
I dont have one and in what world does a laptop in todays world.... With tablets or phones..... This isn't the 90s....


Plus don't plan on buying one just for that or monitors or whatever else. It makes sense for people and it's practical of course if you already have this stuff. Haven't had a laptop since college and office computers ain't bad :dunno:
This thread was definitely created with you in mind. It is good that you have dismissed it.

You have all heard it. The pizza boy cant afford a laptop or pc and finds them unnecessary. Case closed
 
This thread was definitely created with you in mind. It is good that you have dismissed it.

You have all heard it. The pizza boy cant afford a laptop or pc and finds them unnecessary. Case closed
Jeez guys..... Um there is this new thing called tablets and cell phones. Nvm Google Drive...... The 90s/2000s called they would like their Laptop back 😂
 
Jeez guys..... Um there is this new thing called tablets and cell phones. The 90s called they would like their Laptop back 😂
The truth is most of us already have setups with computers and interfaces, so it is cheap. While you may find them unnecessary, it is the reality that they are more powerful and better for recording than a phone or tablet. We all have phones too, fyi
 
I dont have one and in what world does one need a laptop in todays world.... With tablets or phones..... This isn't the 90s....


So that's what minimum 1000 dollars right there to get started on the cheap..... For me it just makes more sense to get a Headrush, Line 6 or Boss unit. Headrush has NAM A2 or whatever right.


Plus don't plan on buying one just for that or monitors or whatever else. It makes sense for people and it's practical of course if you already have this stuff. Haven't had a laptop since college and office computers ain't bad :dunno:
Laptop or pc doesn’t matter. A lot of younger people tend to have a nice one of those anyway to play games, you know. Ever heard of Baldur’s Gate maybe? Or Call of Duty maybe?

So in most cases it is only 300 bucks for the interface. Headrush is good and NAM helped it peak, but then again, you don’t get everything a pc can do in a pedal, so there’s that.

Also laptops they give at work nowadays are quite capable of running NAM so it’s even easier.
 
Jeez guys..... Um there is this new thing called tablets and cell phones. Nvm Google Drive...... The 90s/2000s called they would like their Laptop back 😂
Run Elden Ring on a tablet or a phone, I dare you, I double dare you 😂

IMG_6556.jpeg
 
The kid has to comment on all threads. Especially ones where he has zero experience with the actual topic.

The real million dollar question is why the fuck does he feel the need to comment on every thread possible. I personally think it’s because he has zero life outside of here. No friends. Just his mom. And she probably ignores him because he’s almost 30, still lives at home and doesn’t give her any rent money.
 
The viability of the new modeler software (neural architecture 2) for the quad cortex - its supposed to be really impressive. Nigel was impressed

We're generally talking about what situations digital excels at, which situations it doesn't, and who it makes sense for, and who it doesn't make sense for
One little correction, NAM A2 isn’t to be mistaken with Neural DSP V2. One is people’s champion, another is greedy fuckwit 😂
 
The truth is most of us already have setups with computers and interfaces, so it is cheap. While you may find them unnecessary, it is the reality that they are more powerful and better for recording than a phone or tablet. We all have phones too, fyi
I have a "set up" too..... Its called the cubicle 😂

And other than there or in college no real need for a laptop and BS nowadays :dunno:
 
I have a "set up" too..... Its called the cubicle 😂

And other than there or in college no real need for a laptop and BS nowadays :dunno:
I only say this because I care. You need to get off rig-talk and focus on your studies. Your grammar is shit, your maths is flawed. You need all the help you can get
 
Back
Top