TC Electronic 2290 Digital Delay. Best delay ever?

TrueTone500

Banned
I purchased this off of ebay last week. I've never used one before, so it would be great to hear from those who have experience with it. A couple guys told me they're unbeatable, best, nothing compares...etc. I'm using a Chandler echo now which emulates a tape echo. Are these really THAT good?

Screenshot2012-12-29at84816PM_zps6eac05a9.png

thegame":32y279vd said:
Perhaps a question better served before you bought it ?
1. I would have, but I don't know anyone close enough who has one. 2. Money is not an issue. Not yet anyway...

Without a doubt, the best delay unit ever made, IMO. Easy to use and set up. In mono they are great. If you have the gear to set up in a W/D/W stereo configuration, it's even better.

Steve

steve_k":15k3b0f0 said:
Without a doubt, the best delay unit ever made, IMO. Easy to use and set up. In mono they are great. If you have the gear to set up in a W/D/W stereo configuration, it's even better.

Steve
Cool! :) I have a W/D rig now, but that can change if need be.

+1
steve_k":vaeu85u1 said:

Steve

TrueTone500":3qamgeyo said:
I purchased this off of ebay last week. I've never used one before, so it would be great to hear from those who have experience with it. A couple guys told me they're unbeatable, best, nothing compares...etc. I'm using a Chandler echo now which emulates a tape echo. Are these really THAT good?

Owned both. Actually prefer the Chandler ;)

tokyo tapes":15nq4xvz said:
TrueTone500":15nq4xvz said:

Owned both. Actually prefer the Chandler ;)
I've compared my Chandler to my Fulltone TTE more than once, and boy does the Chandler sound like tape! Question: Would a limiter before the Chandler would solve a lack of headroom issue?

For all of the tones that I like, I think that the Strymon Timeline is hard to beat in quality and price

TrueTone500":prwuiu72 said:
Gainzilla":prwuiu72 said:
For all of the tones that I like, I think that the Strymon Timeline is hard to beat in quality and price
+1 Looks cool too!

Yeah man, you can get Echoplex, Deluxe Memory man, 2290ish and just about every delay type under the sun for 450 bucks in a compact package that sounds incredible and has awesome features...

I recently sold an AC15 Heritage to a local player. He naturally brought his pedalboard with him to try-out with the AC15 amp. On the board he had a TimeLine, various drive pedals, and a Strymon reverb. I was amazed at some of the delay effects he was getting out of the TimeLine! For good the sake of good form, I let him try my AM Beano Boost in front of the AC15... He flipped-out! He literally begged me to sell him the Beano Boost. :LOL: :LOL: I won't say the TimeLine sounds better than a TTE, MM, or SIB analog Echodrive, but it didn't fail to impress on every available setting.

I prefer digital delay for gain tones, and analog delay for cleans. That may seem backwards, but that's how I hear them. My Cornford MK50H II had 2 x assignable effects loops that gave me the option of assigning which delay I wanted on each channel. I miss that amp... :aww:

Tried the TC Electronic 2290 and it is probably one of the best delays out there, but so is the Roland SDE3000 and they are much cheaper.

metalmaniac93":vctj50ge said:
Tried the TC Electronic 2290 and it is probably one of the best delays out there, but so is the Roland SDE3000 and they are much cheaper.
I had a couple of SDE3000's back in the early 90's. They sounded great, but man did they get hot! :shocked:

steve_k":k0gajxba said:

Steve
Yep!! Bingo!! :yes: :thumbsup:

TrueTone500":24tlxr5x said:
metalmaniac93":24tlxr5x said:
I had a couple of SDE3000's back in the early 90's. They sounded great, but man did they get hot! :shocked:

I have not noticed the SDE3000s getting very hot. Maybe I do not play it long enough to get hot?

metalmaniac93":16zz4ldw said:
TrueTone500":16zz4ldw said:
metalmaniac93":16zz4ldw said:

I have not noticed the SDE3000s getting very hot. Maybe I do not play it long enough to get hot?
Sorry... I had the SDE-330's.

Back