TC Electronic 2290 Digital Delay. Best delay ever?

Okay, it has arrived! :rock: It's a 28.12 EPROM model.

So can I use any MIDI foot controller with the 2290 vs the TC 0144 controller? Will an alternate MIDI switch the loops also? Does anyone use the 2290 loops? What's the best controller to use?

TrueTone500":1uj00t6x said:
tokyo tapes":1uj00t6x said:
TrueTone500":1uj00t6x said:
I purchased this off of ebay last week. I've never used one before, so it would be great to hear from those who have experience with it. A couple guys told me they're unbeatable, best, nothing compares...etc. I'm using a Chandler echo now which emulates a tape echo. Are these really THAT good?

Screenshot2012-12-29at84816PM_zps6eac05a9.png

Owned both. Actually prefer the Chandler ;)
I've compared my Chandler to my Fulltone TTE more than once, and boy does the Chandler sound like tape! Question: Would a limiter before the Chandler would solve a lack of headroom issue?

Perhaps. I always found the Chandler to sound better in front of amps instead of in the loop.

I think it is. I have 3 :LOL: :LOL:

Plus it is a great hub for a rack. I run my guitar in, use a few pedals/Preamps in the loops, out to a 1210 (when it gets here - but I've done it before) into a power amp or IR (which I do now for shows). Love it. :rock:

Shark Diver":16lz2z3d said:

Plus it is a great hub for a rack. I run my guitar in, use a few pedals/Preamps in the loops, out to a 1210 (when it gets here - but I've done it before) into a power amp or IR (which I do now for shows). Love it. :rock:

Would this work?

Guitar - Fulltone Wah - TC2290 - (Tube-Vibe/loop #1 - Phase 90/loop #2 - Soldano SP-77/loop #3 - Rane MPE 28 eq/loop #4 - ADA STD-1 chorus/loop #5) - Rocktron Velocity 300?

I would of-course leave loop #3 on for every preset.

The 2290 is a beast!! Though I just went with an Eventide Timefactor, couldnt justify spending that much cash on it.

TrueTone500":2vhxs8tm said:
Shark Diver":2vhxs8tm said:

Would this work?

Guitar - Fulltone Wah - TC2290 - (Tube-Vibe/loop #1 - Phase 90/loop #2 - Soldano SP-77/loop #3 - Rane MPE 28 eq/loop #4 - ADA STD-1 chorus/loop #5) - Rocktron Velocity 300?

Basically what I do for my gigging rack right now.

Shark Diver":1drmspb2 said:
TrueTone500":1drmspb2 said:
Shark Diver":1drmspb2 said:

Would this work?

Excellent! So then now I just need a MIDI foot-switcher? Is Ground Control a good one? What's the best switcher?

TrueTone500":160g8hr3 said:
Shark Diver":160g8hr3 said:
TrueTone500":160g8hr3 said:
Shark Diver":160g8hr3 said:

Would this work?

Excellent! So then now I just need a MIDI foot-switcher? Is Ground Control a good one? What's the best switcher?

For the 2290 pretty much any. I don't think you can use expression pedals with the 2290 so the MIDI controller just needs to send program or CC. But I am going to ask TC at NAMM about the expression pedals.

Shark Diver":3rubogv2 said:
TrueTone500":3rubogv2 said:
TrueTone500":3rubogv2 said:

Would this work?

For the 2290 pretty much any. I don't think you can use expression pedals with the 2290 so the MIDI controller just needs to send program or CC. But I am going to ask TC at NAMM about the expression pedals.
Pedal control of the delay time and feedback would be cool.

Listen the end of Joe Perry's "Break Song"... He used an old cable pedal to actuate the delay time on his DOD delay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxx7C8F64JI

TrueTone500":3o3h40op said:
Shark Diver":3o3h40op said:

Would this work?

Pedal control of the delay time and feedback would be cool.

Listen the end of Joe Perry's "Break Song"... He used an old cable pedal to actuate the delay time on his DOD delay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxx7C8F64JI

Yeah, for me all of it. Volume swells, flange/delay swells would be cool.

I'm thinking about going with a Ground Control F/S. It has 4 x buttons across, so I was thinking the top row could be loops 1 - 2 - 4 - 5 (3 on all the time since that's the preamp loop). Then I will use the rest on the switches for custom presets... I can't imagine that I would use more than 8 presets. I'll get one of those rack trays to set my pedals on also. I've been looking for one, but I don't know what you call them? It's not a drawer - though I guess I could use a drawer. I think a rack-mounted black light would be cool! I wish the 2290 had an amp channel switcher on it also. Then I could program it to switch between clean and gain channels.

TrueTone500":upuvptyi said:
I'm thinking about going with a Ground Control F/S. It has 4 x buttons across, so I was thinking the top row could be loops 1 - 2 - 4 - 5 (3 on all the time since that's the preamp loop). Then I will use the rest on the switches for custom presets... I can't imagine that I would use more than 8 presets. I'll get one of those rack trays to set my pedals on also. I've been looking for one, but I don't know what you call them? It's not a drawer - though I guess I could use a drawer. I think a rack-mounted black light would be cool! I wish the 2290 had an amp channel switcher on it also. Then I could program it to switch between clean and gain channels.

You can use an unused loop to switch amp channels...

Gainzilla":2rsp485i said:
For all of the tones that I like, I think that the Strymon Timeline is hard to beat in quality and price

+2 Love my strymon timeline. Absolute best delay i have ever heard. Cant beat it - love the analog tube buffering and true bypass with MIDI and strum tempo.

Shark Diver":2bwxcykb said:
TrueTone500":2bwxcykb said:

You can use an unused loop to switch amp channels...
I don't see how activating a loop would act as a switcher?

Back