Tell me about the Soldano Hotrod 50+

peterc52

Can anyone tell me about the Hotrod 50+.
Have a chance to pick one up. But never tried a Soldano.

Anything like a marshall 2203/4. Or something else? Is it good?

2CH SLO esq amp, had regular transformers similar parts. The Jet City gear are 1:1 copies, great amps and seemed to have gone up in price over the last couple years. Still has the FX loop issues everyone complains about but still a great, solid amp...

I bought it 😅😅 But will not have it in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it’s cool. Found some nice clips on YouTube.

I paid 1900 usd for a mint half stack 2x12

Pic

Attachments

• 301099AF-DD92-4C81-9372-295EA79E63CB.jpeg
    301099AF-DD92-4C81-9372-295EA79E63CB.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
2CH SLO esq amp, had regular transformers similar parts. The Jet City gear are 1:1 copies, great amps and seemed to have gone up in price over the last couple years. Still has the FX loop issues everyone complains about but still a great, solid amp...
but still it is like comparing Epi to Gibson Standard. Layout is the same but quality of parts/iron is what makes Soldano great and Jet city meh...

Congrats on Hot Rod, great sounding amps and very cutting in band mix. Like JCM800, those frequencies are just right.

I had an HR 100+…with a depth mod. It was mud city until I had the depth removed; then it was much better. 2203-ish with more lows, less high end and sounded great with a slight boost to tighten up the lows. I’ve also played the Jet City 100 and the HR had better tone in every way. Very modded Marshall-y. Great amp.
If you like it, that will tell you that you’d love an SLO.

Had one ages ago - was a decent amp for sure... "Diet" SLO. But it sounded exactly like what a Soldano ought to sound like, and definitely had the SLO DNA through and through.

Had one ages ago - was a decent amp for sure... "Diet" SLO. But it sounded exactly like what a Soldano ought to sound like, and definitely had the SLO DNA through and through.
Love that expression “diet version”. I might have to steal that saying in the future haha. I always use the concentrate vs fresh squeezed oj analogy, but now I can mix it up a bit. I agree there are lots of diet versions of amps out there and the HR was kinda like that for me as well

Yep. FX loop sucks. I had a regular HR50 and loved it. But, the loop was a deal-breaker and I sold it. Killer tones, that's for sure!

I had an HR 50, great amp. After having it for awhile, I wanted to try the channel switcher HR50+. Found one in Purple, and have just stopped looking for new amps. I like simple. Don't need an attenuator, don't need a pedal. Just a JB, a wah, 50+, and the 4x12. I have a whole pile of other stuff that needs to go eventually.

Back