The most annoying thing EVER...

- Hip Hop and all variants.
- Drunks and drug users.
- Musicians.
- Techs who drill through vintage Marshall amplifiers.
- Tuning lower then Drop D or Eb. (Criss Oliva excluded)
- Constant use of 4th intervals on the E and A strings.
- Slap bass.
- Sellers who forget to include the power cord.
- Use of the word 'brilliant' every time some YT rockstar plucks a string.
- People who purchase 100 watt stacks for bedroom use.
- Digital recording.
- Guitar Center/Sam Ash employees.
- Lars Ulrich.
- Aerosmith selling-out.
- That Metal Show. (Ted Nugent episode excluded)
- Relaxed, and forward swept hair styles. (Were you hit in the head with a water ballon?)
- Neck beards.
- Long fingernails.
- Three finger metal salute. (replaced the so-called 'peace' symbol)
- Progressive Liberals.
- Sunday morning news.
- Loud commercial breaks.
- High humidity.
- The smell of someone else's fart.
- Running out of Kraft mayo.
- The discontinuation of Shake n' Bake Hamburger mix.

Please excuse the edits... I'm adding on as I see fit.

Shawn Lutz":y3drh9o0 said:
The general one is the uninformed guitarists who feels the need to inaccurately inform other uninformed guitarist with the inaccurate knowledge. You see guitar players who can't play give lessons? what? You're teaching how NOT to play guitar. You see guitar players inform others to adjust their truss rods because their bridge is set too high. You see so much misinformation form know it alls that don't know shit LOL

To piggyback on that, I have to roll my eyes when bedroom/basement players talk about gear and tones in absolute terms. Sorry, but if you have never played/recorded with a band, your opinion on tone and gear is next to meaningless. The likelihood that you don't understand the mechanics of a mix is a near certainty, especially seeing as there are far too many players who actually do play with bands that still fail to get this.

Add to this players who put more focus on gear rather than practice and technique. Simply owning <amp brand> in no way means you'll sound like <guitar player> if you don't have the chops to play the material properly. I'd rather listen to a great player wailing through a cheap amp than a player with questionable chops and timing playing through a Bogner/Diezel/Friedman/Suhr/etc rig. A hack player with great gear is still a hack player...I have no problem with that (everybody starts somewhere and some don't have the time to put into it) until those players start offering their unqualified opinions as something meaningful. TGP is ripe with those "gear as a right of passage" types.

Songs without a riff and riffs without a song.

Write something you love and everyone hates it. Write stuff you hate and everyone loves it.

Maintenance of gear.

Playing like shit until you warm up.

Wondering if you'll be as good as you were yesterday.

Friends that think tapping is the pinnacle of guitar and who also think three days grace is hard and ffdp is extreme death metal.

Other guitarists who think you need 14 gauge strings to play in drop d. Bragging about said heavy strings but never playing anything other than the 5&6th.

Guitarists who think all pedals are useless. Those same players having 4k rigs that sound worse than playing through a home theater system.

Guitarists who think its impossible to use anything other than tube amps

Guitarists who swear standard tuning is the only way to play metal

Guitarists who when you bring them original stuff want to teach you how to play and avenged sevenfold riff instead.

Guitarists who over the span of years never learn anything new.

Guitarists who refuse to try to write original material.

Guitarists who are never in tune.

Instrument cables that crackle and suck.

Pots that crackle and suck.

Random electrical noise in lines.

Having to work and later practice while tired.

Start a practice session and end up writing. Try to write and end up practicing.

People who smash gear around then bitch about nothing ever working right.

People who blame gear or others for their suckage.

People who think cutting through means they should be the only ones heard.

People who call everyone else a pussy for trying to protect hearing but bitch because their ears are jacked up.

People who think all metal is satanic and if you use devil horns youll go straight to hell.

People who think zacky vengeance is the greatest guitarist ever.

People who think an sg straight into crunch channel is all the gain a person should ever need.

Women who if you busted out the greatest lead or riff off all time wont notice and ask to go to town instead.

People who when you say youre a guitarist will always say they used to be amazing or knows someone who is the greatest ever.

People who ask why dont you write country instead because theres no women or money in metal.

Anyone who listens to pop or rap. When those same people learn you play metal then look for ten minutes through their ipod and can only find enter sandman to try and impress you.

People who handle expensive gear like broom handles.

People who can make a riff sound good after a year of editing but if you hear them live they would turn kittens to stone. Those same people who only want to record and play on pc.

Some of the posted comments remind me of…

"If you spend all day surrounded by Assholes…..you're the asshole"

:LOL: :LOL:

changing strings on Floyd equipped guitars.

dropping a pic and finding it has vanished in to thin air!

going to buy new strings and finding they are out of your brand, as usual.

when practicing, having a family member/friend say, "why do you keep playing the same thing over and over again, why don't you play a song?"

mooncobra":3w2k4fw6 said:
when practicing, having a family member/friend say, "why do you keep playing the same thing over and over again, why don't you play a song?"

So much this, hear this all the fvcking time!

Dingleberries":137kvzft said:
mooncobra":137kvzft said:

So much this, hear this all the fvcking time!
I was given this line from a friend once before, I wasn't sure how to take it. I figure non-musicians just expect to hear the final product and don't understand practicing and noodling. She hasn't been invited back since. :LOL: :LOL:

My big annoyances:

Floyd Rose intonation adjustments. It's 2014, it shouldn't still be this annoying to do. "The Key" tool for FR is okay but it's far from great. Ibanez's Prestige line trems have the intonation screw that works great, you don't lose your spot and there's no looseness/play, but I believe they're being sued for patent infringement in the US. Sometimes legalities can really hold back innovation.

Tubes! Yes they sound great, but again it's 2014... they're fragile, have questionable reliability, are inconsistent from tube to tube, takes time to warm up to "sound right", and they're the reason why amps need big, heavy transformers. Bass amps in comparison are tiny, lightweight and more practical.

- purists
"It's not a Les Paul unless it has binding."
"It's not a Tele because it has a humbucker."

I have never heard interesting music coming from anyone who posts that nonsense.

- slap bass
It works for Stanley Clarke and Victor Wooten, but hardly anyone else.

-non musicians that consume mass produced drek and think it's just "awesome man"

actually, non musicians in general....dabblers in music that think they know everything.....

people that ask for gear advice, then go ahead and explore every option you said you didnt recommend, only to come back and say 'what was that XXX again".

people in general. go fuck yourselves. all of you.

Back